Clipper Issue - Need Opinions!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RelentlessMinis

Reaction score
I just purchased the Laube brand cowboy clippers. They are the "mini." When I recieved them, I went to plug them in and turn them on, and nothing. At first I thought it was the plug so I tried several others. Well, turns out it's the clippers! Has anybody ever had this issue with these clippers? I read the manual and there is nothing about having to do something prior to using them, and no info on clippers not turning on. If I can't figure anything out I will be calling the company and asking for a full refund. I'm not a happy camper after paying $300+ for clippers that will NOT TURN ON.
default_frusty.gif

Yes, not the cowboy clippers, but the laube cordless. Got them, worked fine, after a few trims, nothing. Sent them back. Sent back fixed, never explained what happened, but they worked. Happened again! I sent them back again. I had to call up about their whereabouts aft sometime. Someone from the customer service(repair) department left a message that I would have to pay to have them fixed. He said upon removing the removable blades he noticed that there was oil on the back side of the blade plate. I was furious. I called customer service, waited to speak to someone in charge and explained to him......when my blades are not in use, they are stored in blade wash. Since they were sent to me new with a set of blades on, I plucked a set out of the blade wash, wiped them clean and snapped them on the clippers when I sent them back. Of course there would be slight remnants of blade wash on the backside or an oily residue on them. They assumed the oily residue had meant that I poured clipper oil on them and shorted the motor, without ever dissassembling them to see the actual problem. Manager apologized. They took them apart and found that a Saudered wire had come loose. Fixed it at no charge and sent them back to me.

I suggest that you call and speak to someone, get their name. Do not fill out the return request for repairs. It asks for a credit card number right off the bat, no way you should be obligated to give that info when they are brand new! After they tell you to send them back, write a note regarding what the problem is and include the name of the person you spoke to, or simply tell them you want them exchanged ( or exchange them with the place you purchased them). It happens.....mine have been fine since then, but it was quite agitating.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also dispute the charge with the credit card company if they will not give you a proper refund/return.

Have purchased several Laube clippers for work and at home but never had a problem.

Back