Clipper Blades

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrminis

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the best size blade for "general" clipping is? I don't show but I do like to clip off the yearlings or weanlings this time of year as it gets VERY hot and sometimes they just don't shed as fast... And I also clip bridle paths on all my horses. My clippers came with a #10 Wide (brand is Oster if that matters) and I have used it with no issues and liked the way they looked when clipped off but thought I would ask and see if I should be using a different blade or how you know which size is the best?

Thanks for the help.

A #7 blade is good for a "barn clip" to get winter hair off, and not have to blanket as much or as long while summer coat comes back in.

For showring purposes, a #10 blade is common. Usually horse is clipped up to one week before the show for halter classes in the breed ring.

Andrea

Thanks for the help.. I will look for a 7 and another 10 for my clippers so I can have them both on hand...

Latest posts

Back