Clipped my mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeaky

Reaction score
Hi,So since we had a few days of warm weather I decided that Spring was here, and the fact that I have been battling Fancy's hives for a month, I figured it was time to clip her. Of course the next day was 30 degrees and freezing rain. Here are pictures of my miniature mare, KS Just To Fancy. Sorry it's so many pictures.

Amanda

DSCN0577.jpg

DSCN0581.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0587.jpg

DSCN0561.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You did a great job!!!

I had to double check what you said, because I almost thought she was a full size horse (which I love!).

WOW! Now THAT is a big horse in miniature for the many that loosely use the saying. She's BEAUTIFUL! May I ask how tall she is?

Hi,

I have to laugh at this one. I took her to the fair last summer, and a little run in with one of the other people who show in the area, about not bringing a shetland to a miniature horse show, and that I was "going against the standard of perfection." Yet at that same show and even in her fuzzy winter hair, I have had more people comment on how she looks like a true horse in miniature size (which to me is what we should be going by, not just by bloodlines). Anyways, she is around 36" (I haven't been able to measure her recently).

Thanks for your comments!

Amanda

Last edited by a moderator:
she looks so awesome

in the last pic she does looka a bit like a big horse
default_wink.png
once again awesome

She does look like a big horse! She's beautiful and ohmygosh she can trot!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

I think she is a classic shetland? I know she posted pics somewhere else and said she would make AMHR height to hardship. Just wanted to say agian, i LOVE this mare!!

Leeana

Hi everyone,

Yes, she is a classic shetland, with a Americana pony for a 3 or 4 time great grandfather. She currently measures about 36" and will be driving this summer. Thanks for all your comments, I think she is the best.

Thanks again,

Amanda

I thought she was a big horse....had to go back and look again when I realized she wasn't. Very nice girl ya got there.

Latest posts

Back