Clipped my 2 yearlings..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calekio

Reaction score
Little Locket, who was born a bit.. wrong.. still under vet treatment for his undershot jaw but rest of him i don't think is looking too bad... still gonna be gelded come winter thats for sure but maybe he'll be able to drive or something when older..

At the moment he is doing therapy pony work and walked in a local carnival on his first outing, meeting the young public and was on his very best behaviour.

Before.. (well actually during.. the other half was clipped! lol)

PC300214.jpg

After - Left legs on as he went totally figity and bored on me..

PC310242.jpg

At the carnival with 2yr old, Spirit.

PC310463.jpg

And Magic - Having been through a very tramatic time lately, being sold as a foal, then returned for no reason of his, nearly slicing his eyelid off and being box rested whilst he had stitches in... which never held up so he is still missing part of his eylid.. then going on loan and being stolen from his loan home after 2 weeks being there, travelling round and being stuffed in back gardens and place houses... we finally got him back with a lot of help after 10 days.. a very different pony but after 2 months he's really beginning to settle down and return to normal.... i think enough stress for him... and maybe a bit for me! lol

He is now staying with me after all this as i cannot part with him... and he'll join my therapy pony team when he's fully recovered from his ordeal of being stolen and ridden by kids at only 10 months old!

Before he was clipped..

P1050601.jpg

After..

P1050617.jpg

And after a bath...

P1060655.jpg

And not leaving out the boys dear old daddy (now gelded) another therapy pony who is also ridden..

P1060663.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Magic went through some pretty dramatic things. Glad he's back home where he'll be loved and cared for.

Latest posts

Back