CLICK HERE for IMPORTANT Hurricane Help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
To the people this pertains to...Rescue groups etc. PLEASE post your contact/donation information to this thread.

PLEASE use this thread ONLY for this purpose so people do not have to wade though page after page, thread after thread, and post after post to get to the required infoprmation they are seeking. Thank you.

Here is info from CMHR(Chances Mini Horse Rescue):

For all those that can help financially please send donations to:

Hurricane Relief for Minis

Paypal address [email protected] Please make sure you put "Hurricane Relief for Minis" on your donation.

Checks may be sent to:

Hurricane Relief for Minis

C/O CMHR

735 Chestnut Lane

Berryville, VA 22611

Hurricane Katrina Assistance - from Message from AMHA

The AMHA, its members and staff are all thinking of and concerned for our members and fellow Americans who live in areas of the country affected by the devestation of Hurricane Katrina. If you or someone you know has been affected by Hurricane Katrina and is looking for a place to keep horses following this national disaster, please contact the AMHA at 817.783.5600 extension 320. Several generous AMHA members have come forward to offer stall space and even limited housing in Louisiana and Texas. If you are in the surrounding area and would like to add your name to a list of available spaces, please call us or email [email protected].

Last edited by a moderator:
For those wishing to donate items for auction, please email photo(s) and description of item to:

[email protected] or [email protected]

Please be sure to include your name, farm name, for use in the listing if you so desire, and also a starting price for your item. Also, please indicate which charity you would prefer the monies collected to go to, and we will do our best.

I posted this in a separate thread, but figured I'd try posting it here as well. This is a news release from the United States Equestrian Federation.

United States Equestrian Federation, Inc.

4047 Iron Works Parkway, Lexington, KY 40511-8483 Tel: (859) 258-2472

Fax (859) 231-6662 Web site: www.usef.org

NEWS RELEASE

--------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 31, 2005

Safe Havens and Veterinary Services Needed for Hurricane

Katrina's Equine Refugees

Place Your Facility on the USEF Hurricane Equine Relief List

(Lexington, KY) - As Americans view the newscasts of the

devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina it is clear that both humans

and animals require immediate emergency relief from not only official

agencies but from the generosity of individuals.

If you have a facility or pasture which you can offer to house refugee

horses and ponies, victims of Hurricane Katrina, please email your

name, address, phone number and email address to [email protected] , or

at 859-225-6993, (please email if at all possible as we expect a heavy

load of calls.)

If you can volunteer veterinary services please submit your contact

information. The USEF is posting a listing by state of these safe

havens for horses and ponies on our website. The list will be

accessed by going to www.usef.org, on the right side of the homepage

click on Hurricane Katrina Equine Relief. It is expected to be

operational by tonight, August 31st and will serve as a master list to

help horse owners in Katrina's path find help. Other equine

organizations wishing to assist the effort and link to the list should

also email [email protected].

We urge the participation of anyone who has the space, veterinary

expertise and tenderness of heart to help these equine refugees.

END

For more information, please contact Maria Partlow, Senior Vice

President of Marketing and Communications on (859) 225-6941 or via

email at [email protected]. USEF press releases are available on our

web site - www.usef.org.

A group called SLIDE is getting authorization to get into Mississippi - I have talked with them and am going to volunteer to coordinate efforts from Texas for them. They have pick up points for supplies in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina. Here is where in Florida - still working on exact addresses in Georgia and South Carolina, but if you have items or would like to volunteer to collect items, please call Don at 352-585-6114 or email him at [email protected]. I told him he is not ready for the support he is going to get from the Mini World, but he says he is...Here are drop off locations in Florida:

Ocala, FL - Horse N Around Tack Shop

4185 NW Highway 40

Ocala, FL 34482

Tampa, FL - Saddler Tack Shop

9340 56th Street

Tampa, FL 33617

Bradenton, FL - Circus Feed & Supply

3106 Whit Field Avenue

Bradenton, FL

sad.gif
Does anyone know how the people from the West side of New Orleans can get to East side of New Orleans so we can help. I seen where people in Texas are offering to help. all our roads are blocked and we can't get past New Orleans. we live about 60 miles West. I can pick some up and board if need. we are wanting to Help. You can email me at [email protected]

aktion033.gif
I just talked to Dr. Rabacheaux at Lamar Dixon. All horses rescued stay at Lamar Dixon. They have plenty of food, water and medicial needs met. we can not pick up any horses that has been rescued. they are in good hands.

if you know of any horses needing a rescue, you can call him at 337=380=3800

Didn't know if this link had been posted, but it's another option for rescue of animals in disasters:

Noahs Wish

For those of us that can't physically help, I think the next best thing is to perhaps do without something expendable (such as a movie, dinner out, a mocha, etc. etc.) and donate the extra to a worthy charity.

I have not researched this one, yet, but thought maybe someone else would have some input on it.

Liz M.

Got this info today

100% of your donations go to rescuing the pets homeless from katrina

Sent: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 8:11:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Subject: hurricane pet donations

[SIZE=12pt]If you can make a donation to help animals in the hurricane, you can do so online at katrinafoundpets.com[/SIZE]

Back