Cleaning up chrome wheels

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txminipinto

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on cleaning up chrome wheels? Is there any kind of "spray paint" to cover up chips?

Does anyone have any advice on cleaning up chrome wheels? Is there any kind of "spray paint" to cover up chips?
I was wondering the same thing, for Nationals I used windex, but mine have rust on them and the windex didn't cut it. Got them pretty shiny though and the spokes didn't look to bad, but I was hoping for something better to use. I didn't know if like a silver polish would work better or not. Good ? you have here, you read my mind I just didn't have time to post it before Nationals. TJ

Try Maas Metal Polish. It comes in a tube and can clean just about any type of metal. It is a very mild abrasive and can clean rust off many items. It is great for cleaning stainless steel appliances too.

They have a website for selling it. I'm not sure if you can buy it at stores. I bought nearly a lifetime supply because it is so good.

F.B.

Maybe toothpaste. It is excellent for cleaning many things altho I have not tried it on chrome wheels. I think if there are chips tho you are looking at damaged chrome and only re-chroming will really repair it.

Latest posts

Back