Cleaning up chrome wheels

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

txminipinto

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on cleaning up chrome wheels? Is there any kind of "spray paint" to cover up chips?

T

Taylor Jo

Does anyone have any advice on cleaning up chrome wheels? Is there any kind of "spray paint" to cover up chips?
I was wondering the same thing, for Nationals I used windex, but mine have rust on them and the windex didn't cut it. Got them pretty shiny though and the spokes didn't look to bad, but I was hoping for something better to use. I didn't know if like a silver polish would work better or not. Good ? you have here, you read my mind I just didn't have time to post it before Nationals. TJ

funnybunny

Reaction score
Try Maas Metal Polish. It comes in a tube and can clean just about any type of metal. It is a very mild abrasive and can clean rust off many items. It is great for cleaning stainless steel appliances too.

They have a website for selling it. I'm not sure if you can buy it at stores. I bought nearly a lifetime supply because it is so good.

F.B.

Reignmaker Miniatures

Reaction score
Maybe toothpaste. It is excellent for cleaning many things altho I have not tried it on chrome wheels. I think if there are chips tho you are looking at damaged chrome and only re-chroming will really repair it.

Latest posts