Cleaning stall walls

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
My new barn stall walls now are starting to look like crime scene photos right out of CSI. Between the girls that like to lean back right up and smush the poop against the wall, the broken unbilical cord splatter, the rubbing...they are a mess. Stalls are wood....and I've tried all out scrubbing but its taking forever. Has anyone tried electric sanding or does the dirt and grime just bind up the sand paper. What do you all use that is safe? Thanks...I sure would like it to look new again but it seems helpless!!! Thanks

replace the boards
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif
default_frusty.gif

How about flipping the boards over on the other side?

Marty, are you for real? honestly ..replace the boards..yeah...i'll get right on it!! LOL uummm...flipping them over..divider walls ..wouldn't work...crappy on both sides.

pressure washer would do the trick I'm sure...just have to use less water b/c my mats are all in perfectly straight and don't want the sand to start shifting that is under them. Thanks!

ezall makes a product for disinfecting grimy stall walls. I know that ss tack sells it. You can also purchase panels from farmtek meant to cover up old walls and make them look new. We use them in the milking parlor to make the walls easy to hose off. You could paint the boards a neutral wood color, not a stain as that would let the stains show through, but like a barn board or dark brown maybe. That would need to be touched up every now and then, but it would be cost effective and make the walls look pretty. Good Luck.

Yep same problem here and a pressure washer does work. I will be going amysue route with the plastic panels however I found them much cheaper at Lowes.

I have concrete block walls now. It was sooooooo bad I had to scrape the dried up crap off with a putty knife and then I ended up painting the walls a very dark shade of green. GROSS. blagh........

Back