Classic Pleasure Driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
Is this the western driving class of AMHA???

New Division, CL-034, Classic Pleasure Driving, page 95 819

Add new Division as follows:

Balance shall be 50% to rear

The CLASSIC PLEASURE DRIVING horse shall be shown with contact on the reins at all

times. Neck carriage should remain low and head set by horse being on the bit and face

perpendicular to the ground. Stride should be sweeping and ground covering.

A. Classic Pleasure Driving is a single horse driving class, hitched to an “open” wheel cart with

either wooden or metal spoke wheels. A Basket is mandatory, a boot is optional. To be judged

on the following criteria, in the listed order:

ATTITUDE Settled in the bridle, smooth gait transitions.

MANNERS No gapping at the bit. Horse should appear willing to work.

PERFORMANCE Steady in each gait and definite gait changes.

QUALITY A ”pretty” picture with appropriate action for class.

CONFORMATION As correct for CLASSIC DRIVING.

The ideal CLASSIC PLEASURE DRIVING horse should excel at all of the above items.

B. Class requirements:

Horse to be shown both directions in the arena at the Walk, Pleasure Trot, and the

Working Trot. Horse will enter counter clockwise at the Pleasure Trot. Horse will be required

to stand quietly and back readily.

C. Gait requirements:

1. Walk; A four beat, flat-footed and ground covering gait.

2. Pleasure Trot; A two beat diagonal gait. Overall balance as shown above. Horse must

demonstrate freedom of movement, be relaxed and easy going, demonstrating

impulsion.

3. Working Trot; A lengthening of stride from the Pleasure Trot. Horse must

demonstrate freedom of movement.

D. The use of a Martingale is optional. (See CL-030-K)

Classes to be added are: Qualifying Points

Open Classic Pleasure Driving, under 32 3

Open Classic Pleasure Driving, 32-34 3

Youth Classic Pleasure Driving, 12 & under 0*

Youth Classic Pleasure Driving, 13-18 0*

Amateur Classic Pleasure Driving, Level 1 2

Amateur Classic Pleasure Driving, Level 2 2

AOTE Classic Pleasure Driving 1

Grand and Reserve Classic Pleasure Driving

Passed. The Show Rules Committee passed the complete Classic Pleasure Driving Division, with the

Board having control to add classes as the division grows.

Note: If #814 & #814 passes, these qualifying points will change to “1”

Sure sounds like the western class that AMHR has. I wonder why they call it classic pleasure driving?

I have a question, in AMHA are you required to show in a "open" wheel cart or is it just for this paticular class?

That makes more sense than "western" country pleasure class title. I am all for it, especially if they make breeching an optional piece of equipment. I personally think the "western" title is stupid, but there is nothing that I can do about that. I did show my horse in the western class as thats the class she most fits in.

Karen

Sure sounds like the western class that AMHR has. I wonder why they call it classic pleasure driving?
I have a question, in AMHA are you required to show in a "open" wheel cart or is it just for this paticular class?
There was a long thread on this not too long ago.

Anyway, AMHA allows closed wheel carts in other classes, I think it is stupid to limit this class to open wheeled carts. If you see my thread on my driving pictures on the Photo Forum, you can see the cart I show my horse in, and it is definitely a closed wheel.

Thanks for clearing that up about it being closed or open wheel. I knew AMHA and AMHRs policies are different so was just curious. I wonder why they want it to be open wheel? I don't think people will go out and buy brand new carts that aren't closed wheel.

Thanks for clearing that up about it being closed or open wheel. I knew AMHA and AMHRs policies are different so was just curious. I wonder why they want it to be open wheel? I don't think people will go out and buy brand new carts that aren't closed wheel.
Howdy all !

I can speak directly to this question regarding "open" wheel carts in the Classic Pleasure Driving division.

In the melee we call a meeting there were multiple versions of this rule proposal floating around (the reasons for this are posted on the old sting). The final version was to say "Show cart". This is typical of how confused these things can get and I will attempt to get it straightened out with our office.

Thanks for bringing this to light!

Gary Barnes

Latest posts

Back