Classic K Miniatures thread. pics and updates on my mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_saludando.gif
yep you would think so ,,,,,,cant thay do bloods on here at were you work

I work at a small animal clinic... and I don't want to have to take blood unless I absoloutly HAVE TO! I don't want to traumotise her...

so if you don't mind being patient with me a little longer
default_unsure.png

yesterday morning, I went out there a little earlier then usual and saw that she had just finished peeing... so I raced over to the stable for the jar and the sponge... but by the time I got back over there it had already soaked into the ground
default_rolleyes.gif
so this morning I went out there even earlier and was ready... and of course.... NOTHING!
default_no.gif
default_wacko.png
LOL silly mare!

default_saludando.gif
when was she with the stallion last,, do you no
I Have absoloutly NO IDEA! LOL he didn't even tell me there was a chance she could be preggers... I was hoping to get the urine test to confirm either way before I ring him... but if not then I will just ring him... I just know how he will react
default_wacko.png
grr he is so frustrating!

Disguise yourself as a bush or something Cassie and creep up on her!
default_biggrin.png

Or GET HER IN THE DAM STABLE!!!!!!!!

Cassie, either you get some pee or i am getting on Diane's plane.
closedeyes.gif
There is a limit to this torture surely
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

PUT HER IN THE STABLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1857272.gif

new_rofl.gif
new_rofl.gif
new_rofl.gif

Well you know with a suggestion like that Renee I can't refuse!! No pee pee until you arrive!! Lol sounds like a plan to me :D hehe

Seriously though I am trying!!! Hehe obviously can't now... It's night time but will wake up early again tomorrow n try to catch her peeing lol gosh if we aren't watching for poop we are watching got milk or wee lol these poor girls! Lol

Night all!

new_rofl.gif
Pee, poop or milk
new_rofl.gif

We are the ppm girls
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm coming too!!

Middle of the night be dammed Cassie - get out there now - Penny is peeing gallons out there while you are asleep!! WAKE UP and get to work!!
default_biggrin.png

Have you thought of duck taping a sanitary pad back there? I have heard people do this and it works real good.

Marsha

That has been suggested but Cassie wants to drive us all nuts. Gggrrrrrrrr

just tried to catch Penny, she knew I was up to something and wouldn't let me catch her
default_no.gif

I will try again when I come home to feed them...
default_wacko.png

default_saludando.gif
any wee wee yet maybe you could get her in the stable and just sit there with her till she pees

I did as you all suggested and taped a absobant dressing to her behind!!
default_biggrin.png

the little brat got it off!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
grrrr I'm going to try measuring her tummy again tomorrow been two weeks since I did it last... she seems bigger again to me.

when I do (if I do LOL) start separating her and Smartie... should I separate them at night and put them together during the day? I don't want to seperate them completley from each other straight away... also if I have Penny in Suzie's smaller paddock I can do more stuff with her and hopefully get her to settle down...

Still trying to get a wee sample finally get a day at home tomorrow! YAY will be hovering round to try and catch miss Brat doing a wee wee!
default_rolleyes.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I think she's picking on you!

Would Smartie be alright if he was on his own but able to see them? Maybe sharing a fencline?

It might be beneficial to bring Penny in sooner rather then later and do some low stress hands on work with her. If she is pregnant you'll be cementing some good handling with her and if she isn't she can benefit from the work anyway
default_yes.gif

default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I think she's picking on you!

Would Smartie be alright if he was on his own but able to see them? Maybe sharing a fencline?

It might be beneficial to bring Penny in sooner rather then later and do some low stress hands on work with her. If she is pregnant you'll be cementing some good handling with her and if she isn't she can benefit from the work anyway
default_yes.gif
HAHA yeah I agree!! Smartie is sometimes ok... and sometimes not LOL he is the biggest sook in the world!

maybe I'll try putting Penny in with Finn and Suzie during the day and Smartie at night and see how that goes if not I'll swap it round...

thats why I want to bring her in the smaller paddock so soon, I really want her to calm down and realise that I'm not going to hurt her!!
default_no.gif
I always make sure I don't raise my voice or scare her but she is still so flighty and I will have had them one year in march...
default_sad.png

Here's my little story of a mare that Penny has nothing on!

It took me about 2 years to get through to Jilla, my rather dominant brown pinto mare. I couldn't get near her for most of the first year so I let her be. She had no abuse in her past but not a lot of handling and with her dominant nature she wasn't keen on giving me ground!

Eventually she got comfortable with me being around but I still couldn't catch her. I thought that was as far as we'd get, I think I even posted here once about her before our breakthrough.

I decided to give her an all or nothing shot, she came up to the yards and we roundyarded her, really pushing her until we could catch her. She then spent time in both the yards and stable getting a lot of very hands on work really pushing her limits.

But it got through to her, she started to think, she started to look to me. When she started walking up to me in the yard I led her back out to the paddocks and turned her loose.

We still haven't got things 100% and I doubt we will but now she walks up to me, I can rub her neck and if I have food I can halter her right in the paddock at least 50% of the time.

Not bad for a little mare that no one else had time for
default_wink.png

Somtimes a breakthrough is part paitence but also knowing when it's time to up the stakes. Obviously you won't push a pregnant mare as hard as I did with Jilla, but maybe it's time to raise the bar for Penny. Stop being so quiet around her, somtimes when we try to be so soft around them we send the message that there is a reason to be careful and the nervy ones don't like this. Take a big breath and relax before going in her paddock. Act natural and normal around her.

Latest posts

Back