Classic K Miniatures~ ring test results...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all,

Hayley, we decided that Banner wasn't the right "type" for Penny, even though I had paid for the service fee, as it was a donation for the QLD floods I don't mind that I won't get the money from it... but I know I made the right decision in not putting her in foal.
default_smile.png
we were also considering Ferrari, and there is a chance she may one day go in foal to him yet... but again I don't think he is the stallion that I'm looking for, for her... I guess I'm looking for the perfect stallion and as those a few and very far in between she may not go in foal at all... while I would be sad about that I am ok with it, especially as there are so many stunning mini's that are having trouble being sold. I don't think I should compensate and add to that list of mini's not able to be sold. if that makes sense
default_smile.png

Haha Anna, I am SOOOO glad I have the exact dates this time, though I have to confess... I'm already talking to the foal hehehe guess I'm showing my true craziness right there lol I'm counting down the months till I can feel the foal move then I will feel assured that it is actually in there lol as though I've had two ultrasounds, my vet doesn't like doing anymore unless its absolutely necessary till the foaling. so I just have to wait...

I tried to get pics when Kylie came out last but they didn't turn out on my phone
default_sad.png
( I wanted to have a big laugh and put the ultrasound pic up on Facebook to see if anyone wondered if it was my ultrasound hehe just cos I'm a cruel nasty person hehe one way to know if ppl know you, but it wasn't to be, I got to see the foals heart beat though which was awesome! love all the side of things coming from my vet nursing background.

thank you for your lovely comments on Finn, just need to get him measured then I can register him and get him out to a few shows oh but first I need to clip him AGAIN!!!!! I already clipped him this spring! and was rigging him to the hilt but he still got fluffy, I swear that pony was meant to live at the snow not in Sydney lol I'll probably put him and Suzie in the stable with lights when I clip him again to see if that helps.
he is so funny on hot days I put the sprinkler on in their paddocks and he loves to stand under it funny boy. he comes in saturated but happy so I'm happy.

Suzie should be 4 months in foal today ? only 8 more months (give and take a few weeks ) to go lol ?image.jpg

She is very fat, I'm trying hard to get the weight off her but still give her the nutrients she needs. She is in a dry paddock at night and out on (good) grass during the day need to mow it so it's not as long... I have cut them all back to one feed a day and they are getting a quarter of my metal scoop breeda and half scoop omega pony plus. Have cut the chaff right out, they also get some supplements such as Rosehip granules and apple cider vinegar and garlic. Bree suggested I start doing just a little exercise with her so onCe I'm over this horrible summer cold (who gets colds in summer really?! Lol) I'm going to start doing that
default_smile.png

Hope you are all well and everyone's fur kids are well.

Hi all,

How are you all?
Suzie is now 6 1/2 months along
default_smile.png
so exciting!! I did the ring test on her a few times and they have all shown "filly" which would be super super exciting!! I would love a lovely little silver bay filly <3 of course I'm happy with a healthy mum and baby, but I know we all have our dreams of what we would prefer hehe.

Suzie will be on camera as of the 19th July, unless I feel she needs to go on early, she will be 300 days the, if she goes to 330 Days she should be foaling on the 18th of August, a little earlier then I would have preferred but it was the only time that we could put her to the stallion.
default_smile.png

everyone else is going well, Finn has a bit of a sore mouth at the moment I found two lumps tonight, one on either side of his face, one bigger then the other, he is still happy and eating but I was a bit concerned, would love some advice on the below pics will call the dentist tomorrow if they are no better... I am thinking maybe teeth? but would like to make sure...

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

he wasn't very happy with me the other day hehe I dressed him in pink, I got some cute pics of him though hehe

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4716.JPG

IMG_4717.jpg

Welcome back ! The pictures are great. Suzie looks great! And how dare you dress that little darling in pink! He doesn't look impressed in the pics ! LOL

I'd say the dentist is the right one to call. Probably teeth.

So glad you're here to help with the watching. Did you see the two new fillies we have here? They are beautiful!

Thanks Diane, how are you??
thanks, its been really hard to get her weight down but she is a good weight now and I'm getting so excited for this bubby!
hehe I know poor Finnley, I was going to sell it and wanted to check the sizing of it and take some pictures to show the buyers so as Finn was the only one who could fit it he was the model, poor baby.
someone asked when they saw those pics of him if he was for sale...
default_thud.gif
I had to kindly notify them that no he will never be for sale, that he's my baby and I couldn't part with him,(especially not to Victoria!! lol)

my friend was worried that it could be an infection in the gums... I hadn't thought of that, I think I'll give the vets a call and see what they suggest I'm hoping they just say to give the dentist a call but I'd rather be safe then sorry
default_smile.png

yeah I've been watching our lovely little Melody, and I'll jump on and help with Melinda too.
default_smile.png

So good to see you back Cassie! Your horses are gorgeous and I would LOVE to have that pink outfit!!!

hehe, if I had a mare small enough I would have kept it, its sooo cute!
Vet coming out to see Finn tomorrow, so will let you know what we find out.

Hi Cassie - great to have you back again. The furkids look fabulous - what did the vet say about little Finn's teeth, hope all is well with him!

Suzie looks fantastic and that is a lovely baby tummy that she has there - I'm sooooooooooooooo looking forward to welcoming Finn's little SISTER into the world in August.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Anna
default_smile.png
thank you, its good to be back, been so busy I've had a hard time trying to get on here, but I'll be on here more now that your foaling season has started over on your side of the world and as Suzie gets closer
default_smile.png

Vet sort of wasn't sure whats up with Finn's little lump, he says its not an infection (good news) as there is no discharge, he doesn't think its finn's teeth as its more up near the nasal passages, its a hard lump but its moveable he has given me some anti inflammatory for him and if the lump hasn't gone down in three days I have to call the dentist to get him to check it out and take Finn in for an X-ray to make sure there isn't anything going on up in there...
we are still hoping he just had a nasty reaction to a bug bite, and the lump will go down real soon, but its better to be safe, especially with my little man...
default_smile.png

Thank you, I'm glad you approve of her weight, so exciting to see her getting a tummy now! and I felt the baby do its tiny little tap dance again tonight, maybe we should go HER dancer hehe.
me too me too! feeling the foal move makes it feel so much more real!
and I would love it so much if it was a filly (of course I want a healthy baby and I'll be happy with either) but a filly would make my little herd complete <3

Question for you, in spring/ summer I had a really hard time getting Suzie to lose some weight... she was very very fat! I've finally got her to a good weight though if I leave her out on the grass too long she gets a very fat tummy, I have been dry yarding or stabling her at night, is that ok to continue? I just don't want her to get too fat but I want to make sure that the foal is getting everything it needs, they are all down to one hard feed a day too, which I will increase for her when she gets closer to foaling... what do you think?
P.s Anna you will be proud of me, she doesn't get any chaff at all now (except for the itty bitty tiny bit of lucerne that is in the pony plus she gets
default_smile.png
)

She's doing fantastic from the pictures! She's so beautiful, and I'm hoping for a sister for Finn, too!

Thank you Diane
default_wub.png
she is the best girl. So glad I rescued her almost 4 years ago now from that horrible man.

and while we are waiting for Suzie's baby, here are some pictures of the foal's half brother and sister, so very cute

Wade baby.jpg Jess Wade's filly from year before last.
Wade baby (jasper).jpg

wade baby2.jpg and Wade's colt from last year, born on my birthday <3

Latest posts

Back