Classic K Miniatures~ ring test results...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since you've had Samson since birth, is he friendly? The only bull i've ever come accross are cranky males but they may have been left to their own while growing up.

oh and Victoria/NSW (it was right on the border) had a very rare and scary event take place on the weekend.

A tornado!!!
default_thud.gif
I know they are quite common in America but here is Australia we have only made maybe 2 or three... this was a big one and was quite close to where my friend lives... it took out quite a large section of a small country town
default_sad.png
very sad and scary... my friends have only just moved down there so I used it as a good excuse to tell them that they should have stayed up here!

attachicon.gif
tornado.jpg
yes very scary. I'm seen a few of those and been in a few. Not too much fun for sure.
default_thumbdown.gif
all your little moos are sooo pretty. love the pics. and thanks for the smooches Suzie. Cassie you always post great pics for us all to see. Thanks.

thanks girls,

our moo's aren't feeling very happy at the moment, 3 day sickness is around and has gone through the whole herd (once one gets it they are all likely to get some stage of it
default_sad.png
) we lost one steer (first one in a long time) he got in the dam due to the fever and couldn't get out, they're limbs get very sore and stiff and they can't walk very well... unfortunatley he drowned... my uncle had checked on him during the day, he went in overnight and was gone by morning
default_sad.png
very sad... we took them all out of the dam paddocks after that...

my special girl Kia got it very bad so did both Laila and her newest little one (samson didn't get it phew!) poor Kia I kept taking her hay and water as she wouldn't get up, not even to feed her baby (and she is the best mum normally) I would put cool water all over her, which she loved... and thankfully today she is back with the herd and feeling much better.

horsey wise... the hubby to be for Penny, "Summerlea Mr Magic" went to the IMHR Nationals in tamworth on the weekend and boy did he go well!
default_smile.png
so exciting!

Double Shot 1st (Judge A) 2nd (Judge B) - 6 in the class
National Champion Amateur Colt 2yrs
National Reserve GRAND Champion Amateur Jnr Colt
National Champion Halter Colt 2yrs Under 31"
Top 6 Liberty - 18 in the class

Oh Cassie I'm so sorry to read that you lost one of your steers - sounds like a nasty illness, so glad the others are recovering.

Well done to Mr Magic - what great results.
default_firstprize.gif

That boy always seems to do well doesn''t he. You should get a ripper of a baby!

Sorry to hear about your cows, hope they've been through the worst of it
default_smile.png

That boy always seems to do well doesn''t he. You should get a ripper of a baby!

Sorry to hear about your cows, hope they've been through the worst of it
default_smile.png
yeah he does
default_smile.png

I'm really hoping so... especially as its a fair drive to get where he is now
default_sad.png

thank you, Kia is all better now and back to her happy healthy self though a little bit skinny which I don't like
default_sad.png
they will be going into a new paddock after worming this week
default_smile.png

Dad's stud bull Sidney now has it
default_sad.png
so its Dad's turn to take the hay and the water to his big boy poor thing its quite funny seeing such a big bull standing so miserable all alone away from his girls and his babies
default_sad.png
he isn't as bad as Kia was so he should be fine
default_smile.png

Ph sorry to hear that Cassie
default_sad.png
I hope they all get better soon

RIP mr steer

Keeping my fingers crossed that your moos get better soon Cassie.

Is Penny going to Magic this breeding season?

Keeping my fingers crossed that your moos get better soon Cassie.

Is Penny going to Magic this breeding season?
thank you, they are all getting better which is awesome!

Bree yes Penny and Suzie will go to Magic and Wade this October
default_smile.png
Have to try get Penny up to Tamworth now as thats where he is living... wish I could have put her in while he was still 15 min away but I didn't want a march foal :/

Can't wait, that trip will be worth it!

I won't have any foals due unless I breed Jazz... might have to live vicariously through your guys that year
default_yes.gif
Are you going to breed Suzie at the same time?

Can't wait, that trip will be worth it!

I won't have any foals due unless I breed Jazz... might have to live vicariously through your guys that year
default_yes.gif
Are you going to breed Suzie at the same time?
haha yes hopefully it will be
default_smile.png

Penny hasn't had a foal in a number of years so I'm hoping she takes okay... how long should I leave her up there do you think?

your always welcome to come up and help me with my babies! :D

yes Suzie will go in at a similar time to Penny, I'm thinking I might take her to the AMPS feature show which is mid october so she will probably go visit Wade sometime after that... Penny might go a little before Suzie, just because I don't know how Smartie will cope with having both his girls gone for some time... lol he is such a sook! there might be a lady going up to put her mare to Banner as well so I'm hoping that Penny will be able to go take the trip with her and her mare... we still have time to work out those little details
default_smile.png

If I'm ever up your way I'll certainly drop in for a Finn cuddle! Although I might just leave one of mine behind with you
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I'd leave her up as long as you can, does she show obviously on heat signs? You could start tracking those as you come out of winter so you get an idea of when she'll be due to come in and out.

If I'm ever up your way I'll certainly drop in for a Finn cuddle! Although I might just leave one of mine behind with you
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

I'd leave her up as long as you can, does she show obviously on heat signs? You could start tracking those as you come out of winter so you get an idea of when she'll be due to come in and out.
yes please do
default_smile.png
he's a smoochy little baby and loves a snuggle! haha oh really?! lol we'll see about that lol

yeah will do... um I don't really know, she gets a little squealy sometimes but hasn't done that in a while, and some days she holds her tail out to the side alot but I don't know if she is just hot... she doesn't seem to show any obvious signs, what should I be looking out for?

Hard to tell since it depends on the mare... and I cheat by using the stallions!

Probably best if you have a notebook or a word document and just note the date and if she was squealy, lifting the tail, winking, squirting etc and see if a pattern emerges.

ok thanks will do
default_smile.png

I remember when we thought she was pregnant I used to look for those signs and didn't see anything noticeable so thats why we thougth she was preggers... lol obviously she wasn't lol. I'll try keep a better track of it. thanks for the advice Bree
default_smile.png

Note down all her character changes too, some have real mood swings when they are in heat.

One of the reasons I thought Bindi was pregnant and ready for a xmas foaling was because she never showed seasons signs. Even with Wazza here. Sweety on the other hand was very obvious. Haha

Latest posts

Back