Classic K Miniatures~ ring test results...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lexi and Hayley,

will be sure to get some pictures for you on saturday
default_smile.png
I've got some more ideas that I'm going to try to get her mane and tail whiter... see if that helps
default_smile.png
some people bleach the mane and tail (but its really bad and your not meant to do it!) but its hard when you want to do the right thin and keep your horse natural and they come out with theirs and their brilliant white mane and tails :/ grrrr oh well I can only do the best that I can and hope that its good enough on the day... oh and have fun
default_smile.png
I plan on doing that too... oh and take pictures... and help my friend... um can someone come and help me please? LOL... Diane maybe you can fly over in your jet
default_thumbup.gif
you could be their international judge! brilliant idea!!
default_whistling.gif

Cassie, do a forum search for baking soda and vinegar to help remove stains and I think it whitens some too. It is drying, so you'll want to shampoo and condition after. I used it to remove pee stains from my messy silver dapple mare's tail. I just wetted her tail, sprinkled lots of baking soda on it, kind of rubbed it in, then poured the vinegar over her tail, it'll efferves (sp?), then rinse and shampoo. [At least, that's all I remember doing.]

These pics are older, but you can see her normal dirty winter tail color, and then after a bath color (I think I used the baking soda and vinegar for the bath, but it might have been a whitening shampoo, its been awhile).

Misty - Feb 26, 2008 - 2.jpg

Misty - july 16, 2008 - after bath - sheet 2.jpg

[i don't show, so I don't try too hard to get stains out.]

Last edited by a moderator:
wow thats an amazing change thanks Chanda
default_smile.png
the colour of your girls tail is exactly how I want Suzie's to look! though she is a bit darker up near her tail bone so I don't think I will be able to get it that light (sigh)

yeah I do use the bicarb and vinegar mix, but I dilute the bicarb... I should put it straight in like you suggest
default_smile.png
brilliant! will let you know how I go with it!

I have found a shampoo just today that has made a lot of difference washed her mane and tail today and really happy with the results... will put some pics up when I go home ( I washed her mane and tail during my lunch break shhh LOL)

Cassie, Chanda said baking soda not bi-carb - not sure if that was a typing error on your part or if you read her post wrong?

Thanks for that tip Chanda - might try it one day with the tails that need whitening/cleaning!! Any other tips out there?

oh she did indeed lol silly me... I use bicarb soda though thats what was recommended to me and it has been working well
default_smile.png
will post the pics of Suzie after her mane and tail bath soon
default_smile.png

hahaha yes very much finished... just been watching the movie Dante's Peak while doing some excercise... uploading pics now
default_smile.png

before:

Suzie180313.jpg

after:

photo-1.jpg

before:

Untitled.jpg

after:

photo.jpg

quite happy with the results for one quick wash. I didn't use the bicarb vinegar wash today but will do that tomorrow or the next day

Smartie is alot better again today, one more lot of medicine tomorrow afternoon and he should be fine.

p.s I don't usually have her rugs like that... it was too cold to take her rugs completley off and I needed to brush her mane and take the pics for you
default_smile.png

FYI - the active ingredient in baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. So, I think we are talking about the same thing, just a different name due to location.

Haha yes I agree with you chanda lol
default_smile.png
we have both here but they pretty much do the same thing:) will definitely give the paste a try
default_smile.png

Oh thank you Diane
default_smile.png
yes me too. The girl will be going to visit the studs in October
default_smile.png
the feature show is on the 13th so suzie will go after that I think as I might take her to the feature show again
default_smile.png
penny it will depend on if another lady is taking a mare up n if she can take penny :/ otherwise sometime mid October
default_smile.png
very exciting!

Haha yes I agree with you chanda lol
default_smile.png
we have both here but they pretty much do the same thing:) will definitely give the paste a try
default_smile.png
Baking soda is a dry powder, and it might work better than trying to work the paste into a wet tail. I really don't know for sure, as I've never seen a paste form.

Beautiful. Is that kink in her hair natural? Looks really cute.

Baking soda is a dry powder, and it might work better than trying to work the paste into a wet tail. I really don't know for sure, as I've never seen a paste form.
yes Bicarb is in a dry form as well... someone suggested to me to put it in with a little water to make it into a paste as it would be stronger... but I'll give your dry one a go, as you have has such fantastic results
default_smile.png

Thanks.

She looks amazing
default_smile.png
i just love her colour!
Thank you so much
default_smile.png
I love her colour too! wish she had more white in her mane and tail but some taffy's are more flaxen then white anyway.

Beautiful. Is that kink in her hair natural? Looks really cute.
hahaha no, I braid it after washing it and so the kink comes from after I let it out and brush it
default_smile.png

I braid her mane whenever she has rugs on as otherwise she gets it full of knots and gets the dreadlocks which then makes her hair fall out
default_sad.png
which I don't like...

We got a picture back from the awards night that we went to, so I thought I would share it with you all. (I'm far left, my brother Russell is behind me, Dad next to him and Mum in front. our sales manager mark next to Dad and his wife in front then one of the Danks people next to him.)

Danks 2013.jpg

also I wasn't able to go to the community event today
default_sad.png
as we are down on staff, but here are some pics of our trucks with the new sign writing on them
default_smile.png
. the logo that says H.R King and Son in it, my brother Russell designed! he is so good at it!

briantruck1.jpg

briantruck2.jpg

backof truck.jpg

yes Bicarb is in a dry form as well... someone suggested to me to put it in with a little water to make it into a paste as it would be stronger...
I do wet the tail first, but then just sprinkle the baking soda on, rub it in and then just pour the vinegar over and watch the bubbling happen.

I do wet the tail first, but then just sprinkle the baking soda on, rub it in and then just pour the vinegar over and watch the bubbling happen.
cool thanks will give that a go either tonight or tomorrow
default_smile.png
it doesn't bubble when I do it my way...so maybe thats what I need
default_smile.png
I always have loved bubbles! :D

Rit a reel! You're a bit of mum and dad!
hahaha yeah I guess I am lol. most people say I look like Mum when I'm with her but they say I look like Dad when I'm with Dad lol so you must be right. and Russell is the freak giant in the background LOL jokes, my other brother Andrew is almost as tall as him, my youngest bro Jonny prob won't be as tall as either of them. but he is taller then me already :/

Cassie she looks fab! I am so glad Smartie is feeling better
default_thumbup.gif

Thanks for sharing pics of your family, well done again
default_firstprize.gif

Just one thing, NEVER use bleach, I tried it once on my haflinger and it made her tail turn yellow:(

That's a fabulous family picture Cassie - well done again to you all!!
default_thumbup.gif

Suzie looks fantastic - I bet there are many mini owners who wish their horses had a tail like Suzies, it's amazing!!

Good luck for the show.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back