Classic K Miniatures~ ring test results...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mozzies are Ausy mosquitos Diane
default_new_rofl.gif
They talk funny down under!
default_whistling.gif
I agree Cassie,get some good fly spray or in the meantime Vinegar will work
default_yes.gif
It stinks so much that the mozzies won't like her much.

We have had mosquitoes hatch off and on here this month. I was worried to spray Jewels belly with spray but read that apple cider vinegar works well to repel mosquitoes. I tried it and Jewel didnt mind that smell at all. It did work temporarily to keep the mosquitoes away for a night. It is supposed to be safe to spray all around their belly. I avoid the face.

CASSIE!! LADIES!! Good to see you!
default_laugh.png

I love all the photos, Cass!

Finn is so handsome. I love his dark little legs
default_wub.png

And both Penny and Suzie are looking amazing! So exciting about their upcoming husbands! I can't wait to see their babies next year!

You're holiday pics are gorgeous as well. Glad you had such a good time. Sorry little Finn was sick but glad he got better!

hahaha woops sorry girls yes a mozzie is a mosquito lol horrid little things! I was so dumb lol I had fly spray in my tack room and didn't even think about it gosh!!!
default_sad.png
I have an automatic spray thats in there now that seems to be helping and I try and spray her legs before bed as well...

we have these massive horse flies here at the moment
default_sad.png
and they have been biting Smartie so badly! he has big bite marks n some that have bled all over his legs so all of them are getting big fly treatments at the moment nasty things!

less then one week till the ROyal!!!! AHHHHHH been mouthing Suzie to wear a bit and she is doing really well though she chomps it quite frequently hoping she will stop that soon so she can wear a bit in her class
default_smile.png

yes maam
default_smile.png
will try get some this arvo for you
default_smile.png

Smartie isn't well
default_sad.png

he got his feet trimmed on Saturday and the farrier trimmed to much off I think...
default_sad.png
he is lame on his front right leg and has a pulse on his front left poor sooky man! the bites from the flies I think are a little infected too as his right leg is swollen
default_sad.png
given him some bute he is on a course of this for the next 3 days and a tetanus shot and if the swelling doesn't come down by tomorrow Kylie my vet is coming out to see him... I hate seeing my beautiful big man not feeling well, he was so miserable yesterday and didn't even talk to me
default_sad.png

was alot happier this morning after his first dose but I can't afford him to be getting sick at his age and just before winter... will keep you updated with how he is.

Oh no! Poor Smartie.. I will be sending him BIG hugs and prayers. Hope he is better VERY soon Cass!

Thanks Diane,

I got Dad to help me give Smartie his tetanus shot today will give him some more bute at dinner tonight and in the morning will see how the leg is its still quite swollen today so if it hasn't gone down tomorrow morning I'm getting the vets out. he probably needs some antibiotics I'm thinking. At least he is happy and walking around while he is on the bute.... his limp is not as bad so I think that is helping with the pulse see how he is tonight and tomorrow.

Sending the grand old man love, prayers and healing thoughts, bless him.
default_pray.gif

Sending the grand old man love, prayers and healing thoughts, bless him.
default_pray.gif
Thanks Anna
default_smile.png
I think he might be a little better tonight
default_smile.png
will know more tomorrow... but he was alot happier and that was 12 hours after his last bute shot

got some pics of Suzie in her bridle, will upload them shortly for you all
default_smile.png

Oh poor Smartie
default_sad.png
I hope he feels better soon. Give him plenty of cold hoses Cassie and together with the bute he should pick up, good idea to get the vet to take a look though just in case.

Sending prayers
default_pray.gif

Oh poor Smartie
default_sad.png
I hope he feels better soon. Give him plenty of cold hoses Cassie and together with the bute he should pick up, good idea to get the vet to take a look though just in case.

Sending prayers
default_pray.gif
oh thank you Renee... cold hoses lol he will hate me forever lol but I'm sure i can win him over with some licorice
default_smile.png

ok here are some pics of miss Suzie from today... any tips are appreciated ready for the show... I still need to get her mane and tail lighter its a real pity she lost so much of it a few months ago
default_sad.png
(half tempted to put extensions in LOL SHHHHHH )

photo(1).jpg

photo(2).jpg

photo(3).jpg

photo(4).jpg

photo.jpg

advice is much appreciated whether good or bad I don't mind. this is one of our biggest shows of the year and I want to present Suzie to the best I possibly can
default_smile.png

Renee- I shall find my thread and post a pic or two today then
default_smile.png

Cassie- I am sorry about Smartie! I am hoping he is already feeling better at least a little bit!

Suzie is such a pretty girl. I don't know how you were able to clip her head. Mine never stood still last year so I didn't follow through, this year I will have to try a little harder!

She's looking fabulous Cassie - she'll wow them all at the show!
default_yes.gif

She's looking fabulous Cassie - she'll wow them all at the show!
default_yes.gif
Thanks everyone,

haha Anna I'm hoping so LOL gave her tail a wash in a new whitening shampoo if it has done its job by lunch I'll do her mane... her coat is really good and I won't need to wash it till 2 days before the show but I'm wanting to get those tones out of her mane and tail so I might be washing that every 2nd day I think.

Smartie is feeling much better this morning
default_smile.png
I couldn't find a pulse in his leg which is fantastic, I moved him to a different paddock and he was all spirited looking around and neighing lol his leg is still a little swollen which worries me but I think it has gone down... a few more days on his medicine and I think he should be good to go
default_smile.png

Suzie looks fantastic, and such wonderful news regarding Mr. Smartie! Hope he continues to heal
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back