Class#315-Roadster In Hand,Over- Nationals Class??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisOutWest

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I saw the boo boo :DOH! , where there are 2 Ladies Western Driving over classes, so they fixed it. Now after 2 or 3 weeks, I am looking again and there is a 'Roadster In Hand , Over ' class.....??? that is interesting, huh? boy, if I practice for that , I will be at my High School weight before you know it. ha ha. wonder if footwear is optional, that would definately require track shoes huh?? hope Mary and Bob Sansevere / along with the kids/ do not see this class, they will whoop our butts, ha ha
default_biggrin.png

:DOH! Just found out, there is such a class !!!!!!!!!!!! :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is a class they are bringing over from the Shetland side..................

Roadster in hand is my faverite class to watch at congress and at the shows
default_yes.gif
. I think the "mini" people are really going to like it
default_biggrin.png
. I have a gelding that is a perfect candidate for this class.

Sheryl, we are watching this class at Nationals
default_yes.gif

since no one wants to explain it to a Western Pleasure slow poke driver. I am headed to the rule book now. wish me luck I do not get lost. when I find something, I will post it for all of us pokey drivers.....
default_xbud.gif

P. Shetland Pony Roadster In Hand – Exhibitor to

wear stable colors – tailer, colors are optional. Pony

must show in a Roadster performance class at the

same show. Pony shall be shown with boots and

roadster bridle. Overcheck is optional. Pony shall be

led with a lead shank attached to a bit ring. Pony to be

shown on the rail at a jog and at speed. To be judged

60% on conformation and 40% on way of going.

So after reading that little paragraph. I totally understand !! NOT !!!!!!

So I have to show/drive in the Nationals Roadster class to be eligible to show in this 'halter' class? but have to use the bridle as a halter??? and dress in my silks?

still confused.....

right there in black n white. so I am calling the office again and asking where the rules are for this class. I am sooooo confused with the fine print, let alone the large bold print.

OH MY GOSH-
default_new_shocked.gif
I just re-read that paragraph' at a jog and at speed'!!! HOLY COW. I was right, if we do have to lead them, but no one has answered that for me yet. that means we are flat out sprinting down the rail? I am out of breath just typing this. ha ha

There was a discussion on this class a few weeks back. If you search roadster in hand, I'm sure you'll find what others have said to the first post. Looks like a fun class though!
default_biggrin.png

thanks and COUNT ME IN, if I can figure out what to do. I will look at old posts.

OK, read the old posts, still a little confused. but I am going to try it. Don't laugh, at least I am giving it a try for the first time at Nat's.!!!

Anybody else trying it???

Yes you better have your running shoes on
default_new_rofl.gif

I would imagine it being tons easier with the minis, compared to a modern pony. There is an older gentleman, i cannot remember his name or horses nam ..but im sure someone will, but there as a photo of him and his pony in the Journal last year or the year prior of him winning his class and giving the pony a big kiss on the nose
default_wub.png
. I got to see them together last year at congress and he loves that pony.

Basically yes, you do wear your silks and run along the rail with your horse, who is in a bridle. You do this at the trot and at speed.

Generally you do not run the entire class, the judge watches you run up the rail and then back one at a time, and then you get back in line and set up your horse.

I wonder why the Nationals premium does not have a special class description if they are adding it?

Andrea

I think this class would be loads of fun for Keith and Mingus to enter and for me to watch, hehe...

Latest posts

Back