Christmas parade with lights

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandee

Reaction score
We participated in a night time Christmas parade and had to have lights on everything. Just thought I'd share that it went well. We practiced up and down the driveway first in the day then at night. By the parade even my snorty Shetland was ready for just about anything.......well, except for those big scary painted lines in the street!
default_new_shocked.gif
My daughter drove and I lead the Shetland.

2011 Oostburg Parade 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandee - he looks great and that's an awesome way to de-sensitize and train. Love yours and your daughhters' costumes/decorations!

It took me years to get our Hackney mare to where we could do this - but she spent 12 years in show barns and show rings (only) and just being in a pasture seemed to cause her to have anxiety attacks at first (I mistakenly took her directly from a barn situation to a 5 acre pasture and I thought the "poor thing" was gonna "shake" herself to death for the first several months. Every new sound in the trees, fallen leaves crackling under foot, animals moving seperate from her herdmates - were grounds for freezing in place, shaking, and then "running" hard and crazily at a high trot for a while).

His injury has allowed you to bond and to develop another manner of training - albeit it would have been nice for both not tho have had one, sometimes it helps... GOOD for you for turning a bad situation into a great one.

Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back