Chocolate Silver Dapples

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misty Glyn

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me with the difference between a Chocolate Silver Dapple and a Silver Dapple?

Pictures would be great if anyone has any.

Thanks as usual.

smile.gif
Lori

Hi Lori,

I have a Chocolate Silver Dapple Shetland Stallion on my website...Pan's Silver Image...

http://www.fiddlestixponyfarm.com

His daughter...Fiddlestix Silver Silhouette is a Silver Dapple and her 1/2 sister..Fiddlestix Silver Symphony is also a Silver Dapple.

Karen Shaw

Fiddlestix Miniatures & Shetlands

Burleson Texas

This is kind of a bad picture of my little Ebbie who the experts here on this board told me she was a chocolate silver dapple so it sounded good, and I went with that. I have no idea why.

She's for sale by the way too.

EBsale.jpg

Lori, here is a picture of Liberty, my silver dapple yearling. She has flax colored mane and tail. May be that one of differences between a chocolate silver and a silver dapple is the color of the mane and tail is much lighter. Hope this helps; but it's just a guess on my part regarding the difference.

0620F5.jpg

Technically there is no difference.

Almost all sivers turn to the dark chocolate color in summer.

The dapples are normally only seen when clipped and in winter coat.

But offcourse there is the dfference in shades like chestnuts can have too, some are darker some are lighter.

Geneticly it´s exactly the same!

Back