Chocolate covered bacon on a stick

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Reaction score
I've heard this is a mid-west thing and they had it at the Republican National Convention. I just can't imagine.

Anyone tried this? I think they said deep fried bacon....then I'm guessing dunked in chocolate.

I'm hungry enough now... that sounds kinda good. I wonder, was it milk chocolate or dark chocolate? I love to eat salty foods and sweet foods together...

default_new_shocked.gif

I don't know what kind of chocolate; they didn't say. I had never heard of it but wondered how it would taste. Bet it has a gazillion calories....

I bet just a couple pieces would be a days worth of fat!!! Luckily for me, I don't have any bacon and all my chocolate is sugar free...

I'm with Matt on this one.
default_smileypuke.gif

Any more just bacon makes me sick, anything greasy in the least little bit. Besides, why ruin good chocolate?

Heh - I actually saw a milk chocolate bacon bits candy bar at Whole Foods... maybe I should try it.

But chocolate-covered bacon is definitely out there!
default_laugh.png

choccoveredbacon.jpg

gag me!

Some things just don't belong together and this combination had me feeling queasy just from reading the title of this thread!

Deep fried ice cream--now that is something I would try, but chocolate covered bacon...blech.

I like madarin oranges with ranch dressing... which may explain why I'd try the chocolate covered bacon if it was around here
default_biggrin.png

hmm.... Sounds tasty to me. Only with dark Chocolate though. Yummm!

My husband thinks I am crazy but I think I will try it....just once. Thanks for the recipe. I am going for it soon!

Deep fried ice cream--now that is something I would try, but chocolate covered bacon...blech.
Fried ice cream is delicious. I don't know if there are other ways to make it, but I had it at a restaurant once. They took a block of ice cream (looked about like klondike bar size), rolled it in a topping of some sort (I think it was graham crumbs, but really don't know), dumped it in the fryer for a few seconds, then drizzled it with chocolate sauce. Yum!

Latest posts

Back