Chips driving training progress

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures

Reaction score
I had my herdsire "Chips" gelded last fall, and he is now co-owned with my friend Adair who bought his son "Cash." Both are black leopard appaloosas. :love It's been my dream to get Chips driving, and Adair has been working with him and he is now line driving!!
default_488.gif
default_risa8.gif
We are taking things slow so that Chips enjoys the training, and will be a willing participant, we don't want to damage his ego by moving to fast.
default_laugh.png

Here he is lunging back in March, he is such a ham for the camera!

Chips2.3-22-08.JPG

I finally got to visit for a training session back in July, Loretta Conally is the trainer we are working with, she has years of CDE experience.

Here he is lunging:

Chips.Lng3.7-5.sm.jpg

Lori loves Chips! Look at that grin!

Chips.Ldr3.7-5.sm.jpg

And I finally got behind the lines with my boy, I was soo happy to have a dream come true!
default_aktion033.gif

Chips.LdrK3.7-5.sm.jpg

Link to the Journal and more photos on my website.

A huge thank-you to Adair for working with my boy on a daily basis, and to Lori for her expertise in their training. Cash is being trained as well, and we hope that someday they will be a matched team!
default_biggrin.png

Kim, he looks great! What a happy boy he is and obviously doing so well.
default_wub.png
I really liked this picture off your Picasa album...

http://picasaweb.google.com/crayonboxminia...445148273363474

It shows why it's so important to let the horse STRETCH on the longe line! It loosens the topline and lets them get the feel of elevating the root of their necks so they can step up under themselves. Great training!

If Lori wouldn't mind I'd love to list her as an instructor on my links page at CDE4VSE.com. I'd need her name, location, website if any and email address.

Leia

He looks fabulous!!! Gotta love all those spots!!! Will be watching for more updates and photos.. Are you two planning a 'paired team' with him and his son??
default_wub.png

Thanks Leia, It's great hearing your input! Chips is very smart, he does the stretching all on his own, and it's neat to see the change in how he moves after stretching. I will ask Lori about being listed as an instructor, I was fortunate that Lori has been friends with Adair for years, and she loves the minis!

Yes Christina, we are hoping the boys will be a team eventually, but want to make sure they are driving well single first. They are pretty evenly matched in height, Cash just needs some maturity and muscles.

Congratulations!! He is looking good. And he'll sure get attention wherever he goes!!

Latest posts

Back