child beauty pagents

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlene

Reaction score
it's county fair time around here. for the past 2 or 3 days, there have been pictures in the local paper of the cows and the pigs and the horses and the corn. today, there are pictures of the little princess contest from a night or two ago. these are BABIES, little girls just 5, 6, maybe 7 years old and they are being paraded around for a SWIM SUIT portion of this pagent, complete with enough make up to paint an entire building and hair-do's that would make a high school prom queen jealous.

am i the only one who sees something desparately wrong with this???

I have to agree. It seems that the moms to these babies are in it for themselves and to parade little girls and boys around in swimsuits just seems so wrong to me.
default_smileypuke.gif
Then they wonder why the PERVS are out there ready to take their babies.
default_nono.gif
Its like putting kids in a candy store...mmmmm!
default_wacko.png

I think the county fair pageants are pretty toned down compared to the regular pageant circuits. Have you seen what they do to these little girls? Spray tans, fake teeth, hair extensions...They should be playing with dolls, not being treated like them.

A 13 year old member of my extended family is a model. (with no jobs)

I saw her portfolio and slide show.

I cannot beleive what I saw. Upsetting to say the least.

I cannot imagine where her mother is coming from.

On the flip side, Michael was a toddler child model who participated in some pagents. He was dressed as guess what???? A little boy DUH!

He was always beat out by another toddler on the circuit who wore a tux, patton leather shoes, and diamond earrings and a very expensive neck chain. His hair was permed and slicked with gel.

Guess what Michael usually wore?

A white cotton dress shirt with dressy powder blue shorts with suspenders

A a matching little powder blue bow tie and matching little cap.

White socks and white reebocks.

He had bright blonde hair, ummmmm no gel or perm and sorry no diamonds!

I should find some pictures but if I go digging through that stuff again it will just set me off.

A 13 year old member of my extended family is a model. (with no jobs)

I saw her portfolio and slide show.

I cannot beleive what I saw. Upsetting to say the least.

I cannot imagine where her mother is coming from.

On the flip side, Michael was a toddler child model who participated in some pagents. He was dressed as guess what???? A little boy DUH!

He was always beat out by another toddler on the circuit who wore a tux, patton leather shoes, and diamond earrings and a very expensive neck chain. His hair was permed and slicked with gel.

Guess what Michael usually wore?

A white cotton dress shirt with dressy powder blue shorts with suspenders

A a matching little powder blue bow tie and matching little cap.

White socks and white reebocks.

He had bright blonde hair, ummmmm no gel or perm and sorry no diamonds!

I should find some pictures but if I go digging through that stuff again it will just set me off.
Marty...it is when these parents take it to the extreme with their kids that gets to me, and pose little girls in provocative poses that just SENDS me over the edge. One of my girlfriends had a pic of her son (he was into riding racing bikes & had his leathers on partially)and his grad pic was him without his shirt and pants partly unzipped
default_smileypuke.gif
She THOUGHT I was old fashion cause I told her it was inappropriate for a grad pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the county fair pageants are pretty toned down compared to the regular pageant circuits. Have you seen what they do to these little girls? Spray tans, fake teeth, hair extensions...They should be playing with dolls, not being treated like them.
Oh I was watching a show a while back where they showed this very thing. I have to say that the fake teeth made my jaw drop! That just looked really creepy to me.
default_no.gif

I've seen these on TV. It's disgusting. They come out looking look tiny hookers, spending thousands of dollars on costumes, make up, travel, and yes, even TRAINERS!! And for what? A 5 foot trophy to dust and a crown.

They had a pageant at our local mall, and one skanky looking dirty woman was raking a brush through her daughters hair, girl was bawling, and ma was yelling at her to shut up!!!
default_no.gif

IMO it's women (typically) who are trying to live a glamorous life through their poor daughters.

Sorry to say but the same thing happens at alot of horse shows. I have seen plenty a girl on top of a nice WP horse young under 10 with make up, lipstick not dressed like a child all to stand out in the show ring.

One word....disgusting! This is exactly why some young girls have eating disorders and poor self image, this is why some have sex too young, dress like hookers, etc....the media does not help much, idolizing young models. I've never seen a child pagent in person, but have seen them on tv and it made me want to puke! Alittle dress up is fine, but lets get real, a swimsuit competition at the ripe old age of 6 is just asking for trouble! Totally sick!

Just look around at the street clothes the little girls are wearing with their blue jeans cut down to the crotch.

I don't know.... I guess I am very old fashined with old fashined ideals. .I was raised wearing stupid petticoats at that age..........

yes agree. with the fake teeth and spray tans and such thats just so ridiculuos
default_no.gif
however i do agree with sonya a lil dress up is fine...then again my friend does pagents but all they really are is like tohe old fashion kinds ya know dancing, talent, etc. but no swimsuits and shes 12 or 13

I also agree Charlene but that said look at the baby clothes available today most infant clothes are just scaled down versions of adult clothes. Very hard to find true baby clothes except for sleep and play outfits. Our babies were dressed as babies not as a version of Cinderella or Hulk Hogan. I have 3 grand daughters one 12 one almost 16 and one who is 19. There are many outfits the 12 year old wants that her mother refuses to get for her because the clothes are much too revealing. She wants to dress like her friends and believe me her friends dont look 12 or 13. The 16 year old is into black something her father wont allow her to do either and the 19 year old was here before a job interview at one time looking like a refugee from a dumpster then complained she couldnt get a job. DUH I wonder why. The boys all want jeans 2 sizes too big all except the oldest who now is 21 who met a girl two years ago who has completely redone his wardrobe Thank God. I guess they all grow up and learn some common sense but in the meantime. OMG

Particularly these little girls arent allowed to be little girls. Im not against pagents but let them be children.

Latest posts

Back