Chicken pasta salad

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
We go to a lot of car shows. We're there all dang day. Personally, I get really tired of hamburgers every dang weekend (especially when they are terribly overcooked by some well meaning person.) So I have started making "portable" food to take with us to the car shows.

My latest is to get a package of Suddenly Salad (the original flavor) and cook it according to the package directions. Then I add some cooked chicken (I love to bake a chicken, we eat 1/2 of it for dinner and then I'll use the other half for the chicken pasta.) I also add some diced green olives (the kind with the little red things), and a small can of sliced black olives. Then, just to be sure it has enough flavor, I add about 2 tablespoons of Good Seasons Zesty Italian that I always have made in the fridge.

Put this in a plastic bowl, give it a good shake and pop into the fridge overnight.

On car show day, I just take it out of the fridge, put it in our cooler and take some bowls, forks and crackers along. It's really good, and on those hot summer days, it's really nice to have a cool something to eat. It makes a nice change from the standard car show food and it's completely portable. We always have our cooler because we bring a big jug of water (both for us and our little dog who simply MUST come to each and every car show.)

Funny story about the dog: Sometimes we get more comments on how cute the dog is than we get on our show truck.

That sounds GOOD! I've got some boxed pasta mixes we need to use, and both frozen raw and canned chicken that needs to be used. Will be putting your idea to good use!!!

Latest posts

Back