Chickasha Auction...Low prices, definatelty a buyer sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockin r

Reaction score
As soon as she came into the ring I had to go outside...I started to cry...A total twin to my Bumble Bee....Reo said that Art tried to buy her but someone else had the higher bid.....I am sure she went to a good home. I saw some beautiful horses go for $225.00 with pedigree's to match...

I didn't stay long after you left but on some of the weanling colts, they couldn't even get a bid. I know of at least one 2 year old stallion that went back home with his owner because as she said, she wasn't giving him away.

There were very few horses there that brought more than $1000.

The blue roan mare was beautiful but the people bidding against Art were not giving up.

I was sure hoping she would be going home with you.

Mary

Did anyone get an actual list of what each lot brought? I always like to see those
default_smile.png

Thanks!

I got to sit between my friends MBennettp and rockin r. It was nice for me. Got to say Hi to Songcatcher and Laura. Saw Miss Mia who is so grown up now!
default_wub.png

I'm hoping Mary will type out all the horses and prices. But if she doesn't, I will.

Theresa, if I were a rich person, I would have bought you that mare. Bless Art for trying!

I got to go. Very disappointing prices. I am FULL to the brim in my barn and pasture and didn't really see anything that fit my breeding program, so I didn't bid on anything for myself. I did bid on a couple for a friend, but didn't have the high bid on any (afraid to bid too high when bidding for someone else). I did get some clippers and halters (which I will sure need in the spring).

Glad to see some forum buddies there.

Long drive up there and long drive home (4+ hours each way).

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone post the prices?

Viki

The market seems to be way down all over for prices on minis. Too bad but the economy is bad and that has to be the reason. I'm sure minis have outgrown their popularity.

Joyce

The market seems to be way down all over for prices on minis. Too bad but the economy is bad and that has to be the reason. I'm sure minis have outgrown their popularity.Joyce

I have to disagree, strongly, that minis have outgrown their popularity! I meet people all the time who have never seen a miniature horse and are THRILLED to come here to see them in person. Of my horses sold this year, three went to first-time miniature owners, and the other five were sold to repeat customers. I know of many people who are still looking for better and better horses to improve their herds.

The economy is surely going to have an effect on horse owners, just as it is affecting every thing else in our lives, but for most people they will still make the things they love a priority, and for a LOT of people, their horses are a big priority.
default_wub.png

I'd love to see a lot list and what some of these guys sold for - it was really hard for me to decide to stay home but the temptation to buy would have been too hard so I was a 'good' girl...
default_wacko.png
for whatever that's worth

there were several I could see myself coming home with....

Forgot to ask earlier - does anyone know what the mini doctors buggy went for???

I would have liked to go just to watch, but knew that I would have been miserable with wanting to buy.
default_smile.png

Also had to deliver a couple of horses that day so decided that I had better take care of that. I did go through Chickasha and had to restrain myself from telling hubby to stop.

The prices were abysmal...but to be honest, after last week's economic meltdown, we expected it. I brought 6 of the 12 home, after vowing to bring home an empty trailer. I'll post pics and prices of what we did and did not sell in a little while. A few of the horses did deserve the low prices, but for the most part there were ROCKING deals to be had by all. The auction crew tried, but the money just wasn't there in these scarey economic times...and I'll tell the whole of our truck saga-ugh!

I really liked your horses Laura! Especially that frame pony mare! She and Lotto could have made beautiful music together! But we were not buying. It was good to see you!

I'm a "peck" typer so typing out all the names, sexes etc to post the prices for almost 100 horses is too much for me. If someone would type up the names etc, I'll post the prices to match!

I really liked your horses Laura! Especially that frame pony mare! She and Lotto could have made beautiful music together! But we were not buying. It was good to see you!
I'm a "peck" typer so typing out all the names, sexes etc to post the prices for almost 100 horses is too much for me. If someone would type up the names etc, I'll post the prices to match!
Aww, thanks! It was wonderful to see you
default_wub.png
Yes, Phoerah (Flying A's A Saucy Wink At Sample) and Lotto would make AMAZING babies. She's staying up in a paddock and I plan to put her under saddle ASAP. She's too super sweet and too beautiful to just sit out in the pasture.

I'm glad!
default_smile.png

I fell in love with her and just wanted to kiss her nose
default_wub.png

I can't believe how big Miss Mia is! I remember when she was born (Forum baby) What a cutie!

[SIZE=12pt]Here are our results...sad as they were
default_unsure.png
I do have to say though, ALL of the horses we sold went to AWESOME homes!!! Unfortunately I HAD to let some of them go. We had about $1500.00 invested in prepping for and getting to the sale, so we ALMOST broke even...ouch![/SIZE]

Flying A Sample’s Ravensong

"Bailey", black tobiano 2007 ASPC eligible filly!

Van Lo's Sample The Dream x. Wilk. Ravens Foolish Pride.

Lovely, elegant filly.

Sold-$200.00

Broadway's Phoenix Rising

"Phoenix", 2006 grey & white AMHR GELDING!!! Elegant and dignified gelding, suitable for national level halter and performance.

Sire-Flying A Magic's Caped Crusader (national top ten @ halter) Dam-Easter Acres Kajun's Starmaker (national halter champion)

Sold-$225.00-ouch!

Phoenix5.jpg

Flying A's Hullabaloo

"Baloo", 2007 AMHR Sorrel roan appaloosa colt, LOVELY headed colt, will make an exceptional show gelding just like his Multiple Nat & Res. Nat. Champion big brothers! Sire-Lucky Four Color My World Dam-Flying A's Maybe I'll Be Famous.

NO BIDS and I pulled him before they tried for a lower opening. This colt is STUNNING too, honestly probably the nicest appaloosa I've ever bred.

baby picture-

Baloorear1.jpg

Indian Bluff Color's Dozen Roses

"Rhyssa", 2004 AMHR 32" Sorrel mare (appaloosa bred)

Full sister to 2 multiple national halter & multi-color champions!

Bred for 2009 to Flying A Magic’s Caped Crusader

Sire-Lucky Four Color My World Dam-Lucky Four Monique

Sold-$375.00, a great mare, she and I just have a personality conflict and of course she was AWESOME all weekend~LOL

Rhyssa.jpg

Flying A's A Saucy Wink At Sample

"Pheorah" 40” 2006 Black/grey frame overo ASPC filly

Van-Lo's Sample The Dream X Flying A's Give A Little Wink (National top five @ halter). National halter TOP TEN at 2006 Shetland Congress !!! SWEET, SWEET, SWEET mare!

Not sold, bid to (I think) $375.00 NIOT going to happen!

PhoeroahCongress.jpg

Flying A's Shez Got Legz

"Beryl", 2007 AMHR sorrel pinto filly, SUPER typey filly, will be a driving dream! Sire-Flying A Magic's Caped Crusader (national top ten @ halter) Dam-Springwater's Cherry Berry.

I *think* she sold for around $400.00 can someone clarify? I was in shock... She is even nicer as a yearling!

Berylleft7.jpg

Flying A Black Magic's Fire & Fury

"Fury", smokey black 2002 30.5" AMHR gelding (AMHA eligible upon DNA testing).

Sire-Hidden Meadows Making Black Magic

Dam-Hidden Meadows Baby Doe

GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS show stopper!

He was colicky JUST before she should have gone through, so I pulled him, but I would not have sold him anyway...and the twerp decided he was FINE right after that~LOL

Fury1-1.jpg

Flying A's Maybe My Dreamgirl

2005 Black AMHR mare, approx. 36.5"

Sire-Hidden Meadows Making Black Magic

Dam-Flying A's Maybe Indigo

Lovely solid black mare with a star, very shetlandy looking. Has been shown limitedly and will be a FABULOUS broodmare, especially for crossing on an ASPC/AMHR stallion!

PO'd at $375.00 I'll put her under saddle too!

geena1-1.jpg

Rocky Ridge Little China Blossom and Flying A's Super Hero CC, 3 in 1

"Blossom" 35.5" sorrel AMHR mare, daughter of the below mare "Cherry"

Blossom has been producing gorgeous pinto fillies for us the last few years. Blossom has a LOVEY sorrel tovero pinto colt by her side!!! Bred for 2009 to Flying A Magic’s Caped Crusader

Po'd at $675.00 or $700.00 This mare's foals sell for double that EVERY year, not going to give her away, no way.

blossombaby082-1.jpg

Flying A Magic's Wild Heart

"Parker", 2006 Black minimal pinto 31" AMHR gelding, a great gelding for anyone.

Sire-Hidden Meadows Making Black Magic Dam-Dennis' Little Snip (Dam of MULTIPLE National Reserve GRAND Champion Mare, Flying A's Heart's Afire).

Sold for $200.00 He clipped out super nice! The kids at the sale (with Mia) dragged he, Paddy and Phoenix ALL over, ALL day~LOL

2007_1010ParkerBelle0101.jpg

Flying A Beausoliel's Irish Luck

"Paddy", 2006 silver bay & white AMHR gelding!! Pretty, elegant gelding, loves children Sire-Hidden Meadows Making Black Magic Dam-Flying A's Sheza Beausoliel (multiple Halter champion & Grand Champion)

Sold $200.00

Paddy3.jpg

Laura, glad you got home OK, did not have a chance to talk much and even to say Goodby. The kids are getting sooooo big and Miss Mia is growing up to be a special little lady and Zack is quite the young man.

Yes, prices were horrific but like you I had to let some go, only brought my gelding "Kool" home so that is why I had to pass on Parker and Phoenix. I sure loved Ravensong and know that her new owners will give her a great home. Sure would have loved to put her in my pasture.

Since I work for the auction, I can't post the prices w/o their permission. Considering the announcement from the President just two nights before, didn't help anything as folks are just worried about staying afloat with what they have.

I took a bloodbath on a couple of horses myself--my Ice stallion only brought $250 and I paid quite a lot more for him but had sold the mares I was going to use him on so no reason to let him stand around--to nice a boy for that--at least he will be used now.

Hope things get better with the new administration, if not I don't think we have seen the bottom yet and we'll be in for a long run of just hanging on to what we have.

Laura, glad you got home OK, did not have a chance to talk much and even to say Goodby. The kids are getting sooooo big and Miss Mia is growing up to be a special little lady and Zack is quite the young man.
Yes, prices were horrific but like you I had to let some go, only brought my gelding "Kool" home so that is why I had to pass on Parker and Phoenix. I sure loved Ravensong and know that her new owners will give her a great home. Sure would have loved to put her in my pasture.

Since I work for the auction, I can't post the prices w/o their permission. Considering the announcement from the President just two nights before, didn't help anything as folks are just worried about staying afloat with what they have.

I took a bloodbath on a couple of horses myself--my Ice stallion only brought $250 and I paid quite a lot more for him but had sold the mares I was going to use him on so no reason to let him stand around--to nice a boy for that--at least he will be used now.

Hope things get better with the new administration, if not I don't think we have seen the bottom yet and we'll be in for a long run of just hanging on to what we have.
Yep, you guys tried hard for us, that's for sure, the money just wasn't there to be spent. I tell you though, if I'd had the cash, I'd have brought home another trailer full of super nice horses!

OMG!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
When you guys were talking about low prices I had no idea you meant THAT low! Laura, I don't know how you let any of your beautiful horses go for those prices!

OMG!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
When you guys were talking about low prices I had no idea you meant THAT low! Laura, I don't know how you let any of your beautiful horses go for those prices!
It wasn't easy, trust me
default_no.gif
BUT, we had put out that $1500.00 to take those horses with vaccinations, coggins tests & HC, updated paperwork, $550.00 just in consignment fees, then add in fuel and motel and those bills were paid by credit card, which I want repaid in full immediately...it royally sucked, but the reality was the bills had to be paid and I had to let some of them go
default_no.gif

We thought about just staying home when the economic news came out last week, but we FOUGHT like heck to get there Friday. We took the big truck in on Thursday to get the AC recharged...and it died 5 times on the way home...there's nothing wrong with the truck, or there wasn't before we took it in Thursday. I checked the battery connections, found a loose connection and fixed it, but Barbara took it in first thing Friday morning JUST IN CASE. We didn't want to be stranded hours from home with 2 kids and 12 horses.

Well.... the mechanics let it idle FOREVER and it died and would not restart..several hours and 2 quotes later (we were packed and had planned to leave at 8 AM that day) the mechanics declared it was PROBABLY about a $3000.00 PLUS repair...if that's what the problem was, they still didn't have a CLUE...so we were stranded...no truck to use, horses ready to leave and us commited to being there....we finally found a truck to borrow and were able to get it, transfer everything from our truck to the new one, get BACK home and leave by 5 PM.

Then Sunday Barbara started to ask herself if the mechanics could have just run the truck out of fuel...it was low when she got there and they let it run a LONG time. Barbara's a retired school teacher, a trusting person and a GREAT customer of this dealership. She tends to say "just fix it and I'll pay for it" if there's a problem and they take FULL advantage of that. Now we have a truck sitting at the dealership that may have had NOTHING wrong with it except a battery cable bumped loose and no fuel. Barbara is out of town, so I'm letting it sit a few days until I calm down, then Steve and I will take some fuel down there and see if we can start it. If it starts, Stevesaid he's turning me LOOSE on the shop guys
default_new_argue.gif
default_torch.gif

All in all, we should have stayed home, but we gave our word to be there and we were, the bills got paid and the horses got great homes...sometimes things just work out that way
default_unsure.png
Now, on to the great truck battle....

Reo here ya go - 1st part of the list
default_aktion033.gif

Carriage #1

Drs buggy carriage

Easy entry cart

Horse trailer

Pony saddle

Donkeys

INDIAN CREEK'S PSJ II

LBJ Coco Puff

DSA Beau Jasper

Indian Creeks ??????? (foal 04/07/08) spotted jack

DSA Beau Prince (mule)

Arabesque Serigos Spots N Dots

George

Jelly Bean

Mares

Gypsie Magics Arabian Blue’s Velvet

Amber Oaks Alota Class

Gentrys Peanut Queenie

Brogdens Primodona

Savannah Sue and Foal

Chianti’s Twilight Myst WM

East Acres Legacy Lady

Fun Farms Spank Me Me

Bar B Golden Love

Molly

Stihl’s Lil;s Gem and colt

PPS Tag Your It

Seven R Cinnamon and Seven R Cinnamons Sugar

Valley M Lil Talk

Whispering Oaks White Lace

AH Rose

NXS Miz Sweet Tee

Todds Summer Mischief

NXS Cottontails April Dawn

RSB Cinniamon Cinsation

PPS Whimsical Moment

Seven R Charmers Sterling Silver

NXS Gold Cadillac

Indian Bluff Color’s Dozen

Rocky Roads Miss China Blossom

Flying A’s A Saucy Wink At Sample

Flying A Magi’cs Maybe My Dreamgirl

LBJ Ritz Cathy’s Clown

Be Jayem EKS Twisted Love

Silky Silver

Indian Creeks Blue Silhouette

Rebel Creeks Seba

K’s Indian Creek Thunder Rose

K’s Indian Creek Valerie Girl

K’s Indian Creeks Scarlet

Laura - I feel for you guys - what a horrible way to start the trip - and a lot of your horses were favorites of mine - any consolation IMO you have wonderful horses, I know that doesn’t help paying the bills but you have nice horses

Latest posts

Back