Cheyennes mini meat pies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
Made them last night. Big hit. Thanks, Cheyenne.
default_wub.png

spacer.gif

(Cheyennes recipe).

My sister just gave me this recipe this weekend and I had to try it. It is way too easy and sooo yummy!! I did this up in less than 20 minutes. I like easy.

Brown your ground beef and add your favorite condiments.

Take one tube of Pillsbury Grand's (buttery type) biscuits and cook them halfway in your oven. My oven cooks them complete in 14 minutes so I cooked them for 7 minutes. Pull them out of the oven (they will be half cooked) and press a small juice glass or the end of a tapered drinking glass into the half baked biscuits to form a little "cup-type-of-well". Fill the little wells with your ground beef and cheese. Put back in the oven to finish cooking the rest of the way (for me it was 7 minutes).

Take out these yummy little meat pies!!!! You have an awesome meal and you can add a veggie on the side or potatoes with gravy!!
default_thumbup.gif

img-resized.png
Reduced: 80% of original size [ 639 x 426 ] - Click to view full image
IMG_6075.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hey.....those look yummy! I will try, looks like fun for the kids too. thanks for sharing (and the pic was great!). Wish I had some made now, LOL.

Awww Bonnie...that's great! So glad you enjoyed them!!! You know what I did up the other day? I bought a can of Hormel Chili with beans and instead of the ground beef version filled the pies with that. When it was done I added a plop of sour cream and omg was that delicious!!! I also found the Pillsbury Grand's biscuits in honey butter....omg.....be careful too yummy!!!

OH this is going to be sooooo not good for me to have read.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

I am going to try it with ground turkey and dressing with gravy. Drool.....................

I made them last night for the first time! my husband and I loved them. I did the biscuits just like you said, made up ground beef, onions, a little green pepper, salt and pepper. I added shredded mexican cheese and served them with sour cream and salsa. They were great. I had leftovers and we took them for lunch to work the next day. Everyone oohed and ahhed over them.

I was thinking you could do creamed chip beef for breakfast!

After thanksgiving add Turkey ala king! So I will use thise leftovers!

My husband wants me to make them for thanksgiving and just put creamed spinach inside them and serve them as a side dish. I think that will be great!

Thanks so much for the recipe and idea!

Robin

Oh yeah, they would be a quick, easy and "cheater's way" to make little quiches too.
default_wub.png

You are all very welcome! I'm so glad that you've enjoyed them and it really does make dinner simple and easy to clean up afterwards! I like the creamed spinach side dish idea too. Hey Sue...I know silly question
default_blush.png
...but is quiche made with eggs? What exactly is that?

The quickest way to explain "what is a quiche?", is that it's simply a thick open-faced omlette in a crust.
default_wub.png

My favourite is chicken or turkey with brocholi and cheese...of course.

We don't have that biscuit stuff in a tube here in Australia. This often happens when you guys have great recipe ideas, I can't get the ingredients!

Any ideas on what could be used in place of the biscuit stuff? Maybe a pastry?

We don't have that biscuit stuff in a tube here in Australia. This often happens when you guys have great recipe ideas, I can't get the ingredients!
Any ideas on what could be used in place of the biscuit stuff? Maybe a pastry?
This will work if you make your own biscuits (from scratch) and bake them for half of the recommended time. My personal favorite biscuit recipe (and you can't get any easier with only three ingredients): cream biscuits

I don't know if you have access to self-rising flour? If you don't, you can find a recipe for self-rising flour on the internet (as I have had to make my own for a recipe more than once because I only had all-purpose flour in the pantry at the time; self-rising flour can lose it's "rise" after awhile too).

Just wanted to add my thanks to Cheyenne. My husband loves them. I said, "Guess where I got the recipe? The Miniature Horse Forum! Ha!" He always shakes his head when I'm on here.
default_wink.png

Erika...your post made me LOL....! This recipe is too easy to not try at least once!

I fixed 'em last night and agree they're very good. Actually a little better than I expected them to be. Wasn't sure how to fix the beef, but ended up adding tomato right before it was done then topped them with cheese. Another idea might be to do meatball subs this way. Just top biscuits & meatballs with sauce and cheese right before they're finished baking.

Donna, that's a great idea too!

Actually I have another easy recipe coming from my sis. Have to email her so she can tweak it for me and then I'll share with you all! L ove these easy-to-do recipes!

Mmmmmmmm, these look good.
default_eat.gif
They remind me of a recipe my sister makes with bacon and tomatoes. If anyone is interested I can ask

her for it.
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back