Chesapeakes Full Moon Melody -- 4/14/06-2/19/07

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendi leigh

Reaction score
Melody was born on Good Friday last year, and passed away this afternoon on President’s Day. She made me wait 372 days for her to be born, got her front leg stuck trying to be born, and was a trouble maker from then on out…. But I loved her dearly.

normal_melody_baby.jpg

Melody coliced when she was four weeks old from a hairball formed from her dam’s mane and tail hairs. She came through her first colic surgery with flying colors. She coliced again at four months from a hairball formed from her dam’s body hair. She didn’t know when you groom the other horse you’re not supposed to eat the hair. Her second surgery had more complications, but she came home the first weekend in October and had been a happy camper ever since. No signs of any colic and she even got all dressed up to go visit Santa.

normal_Melody.jpg

Melody ate her breakfast this morning just like any other morning and was playing in her private pasture when I left at noon. She was gone when I returned home four hours later. She will be buried tomorrow at the point on my farm, looking out towards the bay. She’ll be joining Sunny, another mini, and Jake, my beloved dog, who I’m sure will show her the way home….

Rest in peace my baby.
default_sad.png

So sorry to hear about losing your filly. I too almost lost my mini filly Jypsy to colic but she is doing well now. Anyway think of her as living in the hearts of those she touched for nothing loved is ever lost and she was loved so much.

I'm so sorry for your loss... :no:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

:no: I'm so sorry. She was obviously very special and loved dearly.

I'm so sorry, this is so sad. Hugs!

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so very sorry about your Melody. It's very obvious that you loved her a lot. My thoughts and prayers are with you.[/SIZE]

Barbie

That is so terribly sad. You went SOOOO far to save her multiple times. I am so very very sorry. She was beautiful.

default_bye-sad.gif
: At least she was loved and will be burried with friends. Remember that.
default_bye-sad.gif
:

I am in shock...this is very sad...she was a daughter to our beloved herdsire Dickens...I sold our mare banner in foal to Wendi..I am just in shock...I logged on and, it was the first thing I saw....this is the saddest

lisa

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your very special filly who was obviously loved very much

I am so, so sorry for your tragic loss... sounds like she was very well loved and I am sure you will miss her dearly -

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back