Cheaper Vaccines... Where to order?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
Trying to save a little after the HUGE vet bills I have had this year. Normally I have the vet do all the shots but amn trying to save a little $ this time.

I already ordered 5 way vaccines but do you know where I can order WNV?

Jeffers didn't have any.

I will have to have the vet out anyway as I can not order Rabies vaccines in NJ.

Thanks for your advice

Robin

Trying to save a little after the HUGE vet bills I have had this year. Normally I have the vet do all the shots but amn trying to save a little $ this time.

Jeffers didn't have any.

I will have to have the vet out anyway as I can not order Rabies vaccines in NJ.

Thanks for your advice

Robin
I ordered mine from Heartland Vet Supply. http://www.heartlandvetsupply.com/ I use the Prevenile as you don't have to give a booster. You have to call and ask for the price. It was not listed in the catalog I got.

I've used the WNV+EWT combo for years. Here are the places I have used:

http://americasequinewarehouse.com/

http://unitedvetequine.com/

I know over the years, doing nearly all my own vaccinations has saved me thousands of dollars. Once in a blue moon if I'm sort on something (usually order in 10 dose vials), I'll have the vet pop whatever into one when he's out to do coggins but other than that, my opinion is a shot is a shot is a shot, no matter from me or from the vet.

Jill

I got minie from horsevaccines4less.com . It was the first year I got them from this company. My neighbor went in on the order with me and we took advantage of the free shipping with a bigger order. They were speedy and well packed with multiple ice packs and in a cooler.

Carolyn

default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

I just pulled that site up, and it's the same guy that "is" http://americasequinewarehouse.com/

default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Most drug companies don't sell direct to consumers as far as WN is concerned... I still haven't figured out exactly why.

I just searched for it this morning, as the catalogs I generally order from (Valley Vet, Jeffers) are not offering it. Did find it in some of the ones already mentioned, and united vet equine. About $199 for a 10 dose vial, plus shipping.

Jan

Don't forget you can also get the single doses. Looking at United is confusing b/c it has the picture of a vial and $0.00 as the price so it's easy to figure it's out of stock. If you click on the vial, you see the different options (vial and single dose -- and they were in stock yesterday when I last looked)
default_yes.gif

Jeffers didn't have any.

Thanks for your advice

Robin
I ordered mine from Heartland Vet Supply. http://www.heartlandvetsupply.com/ I use the Prevenile as you don't have to give a booster. You have to call and ask for the price. It was not listed in the catalog I got.
I'll second the vote for HEartland vet supply. I ordered my vaccines from them this year and they were great to work with. I ordered FT Dodge WNV+EWT for most the herd; and Prevenile and a 4-way for the pregnant mares, so they would get their WNV separate, after foaling (had an issue last year, didn't know if it was the vaccine or everything else going on, so not taking chances). Will definitely order from them again. [i also ordered a few foaling supplies, while I was ordering vaccines to save on shipping. No need to make two orders.]

Speaking of huge vet bills, I have not seen any updates on your premies recently. Pics?
default_please.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing to consider is to figure out (with shipping & handling) what each shot would cost you and take the print out to your vet clinic and give them a shot to match it.

I use to work at a vet clinic and we would try to stay in the realm of reason, sometimes we could meet the price other times not. Some vet clinics may take offense to price shopping but most would not. I try to stay as loyal as I can to my vet, makes getting out of bed at 2:00 in the morning to work on a disater easier.
default_wink.png

Every vet I've worked with/for would have been insulted if I was to do that. They immediately counter with "you aren't paying for just the vaccine, you are also paying for the expertise and schooling and overhead" which is very true. I don't think I need to be paying for those things, but if I needed their help than I definately would pay for their services. Remember, you are paying for a client relationship too, not just for this isolated purchase!

Please remember to ask the expiration date. some 'specials' can be found on short dated product and that's great if you plan to use it quickly. Same thing with dewormers.

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back