Cheap mood elevating beverage?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDogs & LittleHorses

Reaction score
Ok folks,

Here's a weird one for you...

A couple of weeks ago I was in Walgreen's looking for something to quench my thirst.

I grabbed a colorful looking bottle with lots of fruit on the label....

"Fuze Slenderize Tropical Punch" I hadn't even read the writing on the label in the store... "Slenderize? Oh great, it's diet. Won't taste good"

Took a few sips, thought, "well tastes good, but somewhat like a diet drink". Drank the rest.

Here's the weird part... I soon noticed that I felt a boost in mood, I felt happier than before. Maybe a little more alert. Not drugged, not speedy, just a little happier! Felt a glowing feeling in my stomach. There seemed to be no downside, no crash either later in the day.

Tried it a few days later, same effect. Now, I've had this enough times to know now that it's a real effect; it's repeatable. No other beverage has ever done this before.

I see on the label that it has L-Carnitine, Chromium Polynicotinate, Vitamin C and a few other uncommon ingredients. Garcinia Cambogia Rind Extract???
default_rolleyes.gif
Maybe one of those is doing this, maybe it's something my body is lacking.

Anyway, it's remarkable enough that I wanted to share it and see if it does this for anyone else, at the expense of people thinking that I am crazy, LOL.
default_rolleyes.gif

You might grab yourself a bottle and give it a try. What the heck.

Daryl

P.S.

I am not in the beverage business, and have no affiliation with this product! I haven't seen any other mention of this on the internet when I Googled it.

Daryl,

I've got a bottle of that in the frig that Michael brought home for me to try.

I believe it's a cranberry flavor...

Haven't tried it yet. It's a flavor I like but I'm such a diehard Coke drinker

and terrible about trying new things. I did switch to Coke Zero and like it but

I do like having change of pace drinks.

You've encourgaged me to open it and give it a try.

That sounds good! How long does the affect last?

This Chromium Polynicotinate word kinda looks like nicotine to me. I wonder what it is?

I'll look for it over here. Is it just a West coast product? I'll see!

I havent tried this product but have seen it before...

I did a google search as I know it is a "diet/health" drink of sorts... And this is what I found in a review..

http://www.iateapie.net/reviews/archives/2...lenderize_1.php

Fuze Slenderize Tropical Punch has 5 calories per serving - there are about 2 servings per bottle and no sugar. The artificial sweetener used is acesulfame K. They also added carnitine and chromium which are supposed to help boost energy, along with citramax which, according to the label, is "known to suppress appetite, reduce conversion of carbohydrates into fat and promote weight loss."

Have you ever had "naked" juice... Wal-mart carries it and I think alot of health food places do... Anyways -- they have all different kinds and they are all different kinds of fruit and they tell you on the bottle what they have in them and what it promotes and so forth -- I actually started drinking them per my doctor's advise and have really enjoyed it -- they give you fruits in your diet as well as a natural boost of energy and they also have vitamins and minerals... .

Both Fuze and Naked are GREAT and I always pick them up when I am feeling run down or tired or have been eating a lot of junk. I feel refreshed and energized and feel like they replenished whatever my body was lacking. I also like V8 Fusion which is a combo of fruit and veggie juice and sounds gross but it isn't. One glass of it supposedly covers the daily servings of fruits and veggies that your body needs. I often don't eat right so hopefully the juices do me some good.

The first time my 13 year old daughter came home and said she and her friends got NAKED at snackbreak at school, I was a little surprised, though, until she explained what she really meant.
default_rolleyes.gif
She loves them too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Tropital V8 Fusion, it tastes great and is very healthy, i just cannot stand some of the other V8 drinks for tropical fusion is my pick.

Thanks for sharing this info Daryl and everybody else. I was excited until the "no sugar" part.

I'm not familiar with this particular sugar substitute, I will research it to get its properties.

While cutting sugar intake to minimum is important, in general, I would rather have the sugar as opposed to artificial sweeteners as the negative effects of these sweeteners are numerous and pretty well researched. Specifically, aspartame has an annoying habit of forming a formic acid compound at temperatures above 88 degree's.

What is "naked" juice sweetened with? How about the V8 Fusion drink?

artificial sweetener

Here's the dope on the sweetener.

I l;ove the Fuze drinks, especially as many (most) of them have added calcium, and that is something that I need. Even being lactose intolerant, the amount of lactic acid is tolerable.

That sounds good! How long does the affect last?
This Chromium Polynicotinate word kinda looks like nicotine to me. I wonder what it is?

I'll look for it over here. Is it just a West coast product? I'll see!
It seems to last about 2-3 hours. I noticed that it shouldn't be consumed before bedtime. Makes it harder to sleep! Wouldn't it be weird if there is nicotine in it?
default_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for sharing this info Daryl and everybody else. I was excited until the "no sugar" part.I'm not familiar with this particular sugar substitute, I will research it to get its properties.

While cutting sugar intake to minimum is important, in general, I would rather have the sugar as opposed to artificial sweeteners as the negative effects of these sweeteners are numerous and pretty well researched. Specifically, aspartame has an annoying habit of forming a formic acid compound at temperatures above 88 degree's.

What is "naked" juice sweetened with? How about the V8 Fusion drink?
Yeah, I also particularly try to avoid anything with high fructose corn syrup. When I do buy soda pop, I buy stuff with real cane sugar. Actually, the Mexican soda pop Jarrito's is very good. Tastes like the soda pop I remember having as a little kid.

artificial sweetener
Here's the dope on the sweetener.

I l;ove the Fuze drinks, especially as many (most) of them have added calcium, and that is something that I need. Even being lactose intolerant, the amount of lactic acid is tolerable.
Thanks for that link. Well, it looks pretty safe, anyway. Fuze also has sucralose as a sweetener. Yeah, like Bob said there are reported health problems related to many sugar substitutes.

Interestingly, my grandmother was a Fresca addict in the 1970's. She actually would call the local grocer to special order large amounts of the stuff just for her.
default_rolleyes.gif
I think its sweetener was saccharin which is nasty!

True, we're better off without so many sweets. But to cut them entirely would take a stronger person than I. And for some of us (i.e., those with diabetes), the known dangers (sugar, honey, high fructose corn syrup) are worse than the suspected dangers (artificial sweeteners).

I try to limit this stuff, but Dove sugar-free dark chocolate candy helps me not to miss sugar, which might as well bear the skull and crossbones for me!

I LOVE low carb MONSTER it also has L-Carnitine in it. I wonder if thats what gives you that GREAT feeling. You can get that in the vitamin section at walmart.

This has all the things you want to avoid in it, but when you're not in the mood to avoid those things -- it's pretty hard to beat the good vibes I get from Diet Red Bull + Vodka
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
I'm thinking I can even make it "healthy" if I switch to one of the energy drinks with more vitamins
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

I LOVE low carb MONSTER it also has L-Carnitine in it. I wonder if thats what gives you that GREAT feeling. You can get that in the vitamin section at walmart.
I love that, too, and I love diet / low carb "Volt" and those energy shooters (5-Hour Energy, 7-Hour Energy) do really good too but not a drink you "enjoy". You just swallow it like a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the weird part... I soon noticed that I felt a boost in mood, I felt happier than before. Maybe a little more alert. Not drugged, not speedy, just a little happier! Felt a glowing feeling in my stomach. There seemed to be no downside, no crash either later in the day.
OK.......I am/was TIRED today. We have been on an "old movie" watching binge. Last night it was The Hunt For Red October until 2 AM. So I have been comatose (not unusual
default_laugh.png
) all day. Sent Jim on a mission to find this FUZE Slenderize Tropical Punch. By the time I finished the bottle I felt a whole lot better than I did before. A big boost yet not a speedy feeling which I can't stand.

Thank you Daryl! This just might become an afternoon ritual.

Carol

OK.......I am/was TIRED today. We have been on an "old movie" watching binge. Last night it was The Hunt For Red October until 2 AM. So I have been comatose (not unusual
default_laugh.png
) all day. Sent Jim on a mission to find this FUZE Slenderize Tropical Punch. By the time I finished the bottle I felt a whole lot better than I did before. A big boost yet not a speedy feeling which I can't stand.

Thank you Daryl! This just might become an afternoon ritual.

Carol

Very cool, Carol! Glad it worked for someone else!
default_saludando.gif

I hope some other people give it a try and report back as well.

Daryl

I can't believe it......
default_new_shocked.gif
This drink really did lift my spirits. I'm a little late in trying it but I finally found this at Wal-Mart. I've been dieting and needed a little something to quench my thirst while sweeping and mopping my floors. Much to my surprise by the time I drank the bottle, I was joking around and actually having fun cleaning. Now, that's saying something because I hate to clean.
default_wacko.png

OK I had to try this, and I am addicted...lol..yes unbeleivably(sp?) it made me want to WORK.....it taste great, I have tried 3 different flavors at this point, fruit punch is my fav....and I have managed to loose 10 lbs since convention.....wooohooo.....

Back