charity

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamond c

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to find or join in with some one to put on a mini wagon train for charity. I myself don't know anything about doing such things, but would help in any way I could. My pair won't be ready for such things for probably 18 months, as I havn't had the weather and time to start her to driving yet. I'm guessing that with proper endurance training they could probobly do 15 miles a day. Then give the money to some thing like autisim speaks, or something.
what do ya'll think about this idea?

Sounds really interesting. So would you do it with others and travel some distance with each mile being pledged by someone for your chosen cause? Such a neat idea. I hope you can find more to do this with you.

Yes I think traveling would add to the fun. As far as pledging per mile, I was thinking of a minimum buy in for entire distance. Of course more would be better.

I hope this is okay to post here.

https://nickernews.net/jeanettes-journey-part-i-from-riding-to-mini-driving/

I've been wanting to do a wagon train with Candace ever since I read this blog. You've got to read all the parts, I think there are 6. Really cool. She tells how they prepped, practiced, and eventually did the wagon train with the big guys. I would love to take part if at all possible. It would give me something to work towards and help me in my New Years driving goals.

I'd love to go with the big boys but the ones that I've found do 20 or more miles a day. I just don't think that the little guys could keep up the pace for 5 or 6 days in a row.

No I totally agree about just doing minis. I just thought this blog of her journey did a great job of showing the prep that was done to get herself and her horse ready. I also thought it could help show anyone interested what a wagon train might be like if they wanted to participate

I was only able to read 2 instalments and enjoyed them. Very good info too. It'll probably be spring before I can really get started. I did get a chance to put the harness on my new girl for the first time today. She did very well and gave me no problems even with the bridle and bit. Hopefully this is a good sighn

One of my mini donkeys passed away and I took the other one to a friends farm to stay till I took out all my fence and post and redo it all. I brought him and my buddys standard size donkey back in early fall. I finally got one to replace the one that passed in November. With the weather the way it is around here in the winter I prolly won't be able to get her started till spring.

Latest posts

Back