Chariots?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeepMeep

Reaction score
Hello :) I was wondering if anybody here knew anything about where you could get plans, or at least some basic info on creating a mini horse chariot. I have a fabricator welder partner, so I'm pretty sure we could make one, but I'd like to know if there's any info out there on balance, construction etc.

Where you stand in the chariot itself will greatly effect balance. I've also been them with a third wheel in front that only makes contact if something goes wrong. Kind of like a wheelie bar but in front so you don't get catapulted.

Are you going to try a single or pairs setup?

I've got a friend who's helping me make one out of a 55 gal drum. Redneck but effective.

Where you stand in the chariot itself will greatly effect balance. I've also been them with a third wheel in front that only makes contact if something goes wrong. Kind of like a wheelie bar but in front so you don't get catapulted.

Are you going to try a single or pairs setup?

I've got a friend who's helping me make one out of a 55 gal drum. Redneck but effective.

Oh that third wheel idea is kind of genius! I'm going to try mini single first, though I do have a working pair I could try once I get the handle of it. Would love to see pics of yours in progress or when it's done!

If you search the internet, you'll find lots of pictures. Did you know chariot racing is a thing? I wasn't looking for plans, but I found a lot of interesting information.

If you search the internet, you'll find lots of pictures. Did you know chariot racing is a thing? I wasn't looking for plans, but I found a lot of interesting information.

Yes, I've seen pictures, but there are zero drawings (that an engineer can actually use) and all the chariot racing videos seem to be from around 2005. I was just wondering if anybody had plans, or knew a fabricator. I found an article from someone who had DIY'd one, but that's about it.

Was that Toad Hill Minis blog? He had pictures of two different chariots being made and talks some about balance, etc.

It wasn't, but I found that now that you mentioned it, thank you! The one I saw was the Chickamum Tack one, but this is far better with all the pictures, so thank you!

Latest posts

Back