Champion Shetlands

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosaroca

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm writing a book called "Outstanding American Shetlands, Past and Present," and I'm still looking for more ponies to include! If you have a National or Reserve National Champion or a pony who has earned 3 or 4 National Top Tens at either Congress or AMHA/AMHR/PtHA Nationals, then your pony qualifies!

Contact me for more information. There's no cost to you except a bit of your time.

I'm also looking for information and current and/or former owners of some of the great foundation sires and dams of the breed as well as the very best sires and dams of today. I'll be writing articles on these ponies, since their information won't fit on a single page. Again, contact me, privately if you wish at [email protected].

It's going to be a great book. Let's get as many of our wonderful Shetlands in there as possible so everyone will finally have a reference book for the American Shetland that is as complete and comprehensive as possible!

Pat Elder

Rosa Roca Training Stable

Oklahoma City, OK

rosaroca.net

Author of the "Outstanding Miniatures" series. Also, check out our new "Natural Training" DVD's available from Small Horse Press.

Contact Kathy Howard of Howard Stables for several of our Shetlands at [email protected]. We attended the 1988 Congress in Columbus, Ohio which celebrated the 100th anniverary of the American Shetland Pony Club.

Knight's Captain Courageous (HOF Roadster) was Congress Open Roadster Champion Over 43" - 46"

Promises to Please (HOF Harness, Halter) was Congress Reserve Jr. and Limit Harness Champion

Shakedown was Congress Reserve Jr. and Limit Roadster Champion

Jean Howard

Thanks! I'd talked to Kathy once before about a Hall of Fame pony that she had, but I've just emailed her again about these three.

Pat

Hi Pat: I emailed you privately about Double Stuf, Halter HOF, Superior Sire and Pinto Horse Champion, but haven't heard back from you. Does that mean you didn't get my email or not interested in putting Double Stuf in the book? My email is [email protected]. If you're not interested in having him in the book would you let me know so I will stop haunting my email looking for your reply :) Ta, Shirlee

Shirlee, I just ran across this (I'm not on the forums very often). Have we made email connections since you posted this? YES, I definitely want Double Stuf and some of your other ponies in the book.

Pat

Hi Pat: I emailed you privately about Double Stuf, Halter HOF, Superior Sire and Pinto Horse Champion, but haven't heard back from you. Does that mean you didn't get my email or not interested in putting Double Stuf in the book? My email is [email protected]. If you're not interested in having him in the book would you let me know so I will stop haunting my email looking for your reply :) Ta, Shirlee

List Of Congress Greats Sent ....

I sent a file of the historical list of Congress Grand Champions via a direct private e-mail. It would be an great place to start doing some research in addition to many of the great champions that are sure to be offered for inclusion.

AHR

Latest posts

Back