Champagne Miniatures?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowgirl Up

Reaction score
I love Champagne in all its forms and combinations.

If you have a Champagne Miniature, please show them off here! I would love to see them.
default_wub.png

This is a photo of my champagne filly. She is "Andromeda Champagne N Roses". I do not take great photos, & the picture does not do her justice. She is AMHA, AMHR, & ICHR registered.

rosie%202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, These foals are just a few I have confirmed thru the ICHR as Champagne, of our Classic 30" Champagne stallion.

The first is an 08 colt is an Overo/tovero Pinto Champagne on splashed white, named Max.

He started out with bright blue eyes, and we weren’t positive he got the champagne gene, until they turned green.

(
maxhead5mo.jpg

maxgreeneye1.jpg

The second is a 6 month old 08 Gold Champagne filly named Amira.

amiraattn.jpg

And the third is a Chassic Champagne Colt we call Thunder, just born a month ago..

(I wish I had current photo's of him, as this was taken just a few days after birth)

colt15.jpg

Sorry the photo's are so big, lol

Here is my champagne stallion, Rico...aka.."Ricky"...

He is a 2 yr. old this year.

I am so behind in getting decent photos, this doesn`t do him justice!!

Ricco707headshot.jpg

CyndiD, I am curious if your pretty guy has been tested or not? I am wondering because I have a recently gelded 5 year old that could be his twin colour wise. My guy is a buckskin colour (for lack of a better description) with chocolate points and amber eyes that were blue as a weanling when I got him, but his skin appears black. He sired 2 foals before I had him gelded, a bay filly and a buckskin colt (from a buckskin mare) with one blue eye. I am not an expert on colour genes by any means but I felt because his skin was black he was not champagne (thus I didn't have him tested). I can't tell from the pictures if your colt has black skin or not altho it appears to be quite dark.

Here is our Gray Champagne mare, Rose.
default_wub.png

SWA-Rose.jpg

Rose-2.jpg

Here is our Gold Champagne Pinto stallion, Rolex.
default_wub.png

Rolex-2.jpg

Here are some more of Rolex while at play, running and bucking...
default_wink.png

Rolex4.jpg

Rolex1-2.jpg

default_saludando.gif
Thanks for letting me share.
default_wub.png

CyndiD, I am curious if your pretty guy has been tested or not? I am wondering because I have a recently gelded 5 year old that could be his twin colour wise. My guy is a buckskin colour (for lack of a better description) with chocolate points and amber eyes that were blue as a weanling when I got him, but his skin appears black. He sired 2 foals before I had him gelded, a bay filly and a buckskin colt (from a buckskin mare) with one blue eye. I am not an expert on colour genes by any means but I felt because his skin was black he was not champagne (thus I didn't have him tested). I can't tell from the pictures if your colt has black skin or not altho it appears to be quite dark
Reinmaker, I never had him tested..he comes from a known Champagne line and had his champagne registry papers all done when I got him, I think I will have him tested someday...I am soooo behind in paperwork on all my horses..his skin is not dark, that is not a good photo of him...but the only one I had to post. Photos are another thing I am behind on. (I had some health issues this year and am just now getting back on track.) If I can find another photo showing his skin coloring I will email it privately..since I don`t have it online anywhere...

Ricco was already beautifull as a foal, loved the contrast of his pink muzzle blue eyes and otherwise still "bay" looking coat.

Snatched this from ICHR website.
default_wink.png

http://www.ichregistry.com/images/Luv'...gne%20Ricco.jpg

I have one and had two champagnes:

Dobby is already sold but I hope to get a foal from him next year think pink everypne.
default_wink.png

Dobby is a classic (black based) cream silver.

dobby_1150_1a.jpg

And I have my mare Chanel, hopefully she´s in foal for her first baby next year.

Chanel is a classic silver pinto.

Chanel-9.jpg

Dobby also had some nice champagne offspring:

A gold-dun:

bubbles.jpg

An Amber cream:

amber2.jpg

A classic might have silver:

Jet1.jpg

And 2 more classics second probably silver too this year:

1006632ot9.jpg

img4111qp6.jpg

I am soooo behind in paperwork on all my horses..his skin is not dark, that is not a good photo of him...but the only one I had to post. Photos are another thing I am behind on.
LOL I seem to be perpetually behind on all those things but pictures especially.

Meavey, thank you the foal picture makes it very clear what the skin tone looks like (and yes my guy is still black skinned at 5). I actually suspect he carries a silver gene altho he did not thro it in either of his foals and now that he is gelded it seems to matter less what his actual colour is.

I do love the look of champagne tho, they so often have that metallic look to them.

Oh my favourite color!! I just love those darker smoky champagnes.

default_wub.png
I love rolex!! Such a handsome man

Wow, they are all just so gorgeous.
default_wub.png

And the combination of Silver and Champagne on Black is very striking!

Well Champagnes have been my favorite color for the longest!!! I finnally got one!!! Her papers are in the office she is AMHR, and will soon be ICHR. Running Creek Farms Jilleah. Also she has a colt at her side the MAY BE TURNING CHAMPAGNE!? Time will tell!!!

Heres a couple snap shots I have took of her, I really gotta get some good pictures of this pretty girl!
59_jillfront.jpg

59_jillleftside.jpg

59_jillrightside.jpg

I love Jill, and her colt too, even if he turns to be a none champagne.:-D

Nice mare Sarah!

Do you have pics of the colt?

Champagnes are born champagne, they don´t turn to it later.

They are born with obvious pink skin and blue eyes, if they don´t have that at birth he´s not champagne.

Only if you have overo in the mix and the eyes are already blue and skin pink, because of alot of white it can be hard to determine.

But offcourse in case of doubt there now a champagne test.
default_wink.png

Nice mare Sarah!Do you have pics of the colt?

Champagnes are born champagne, they don´t turn to it later.

They are born with obvious pink skin and blue eyes, if they don´t have that at birth he´s not champagne.

Only if you have overo in the mix and the eyes are already blue and skin pink, because of alot of white it can be hard to determine.

But offcourse in case of doubt there now a champagne test.
default_wink.png
Ok, I have a couple pictures. I heard they turned champagne, Not sure if you can tell. I LOVE him either way : Prince of Silver:
jillcoltjune.jpg

The pic doesn´t work.
default_wink.png

But if he doesn´t have pink skin and blue eyes he´s not champagne.

The pic doesn´t work.
default_wink.png
But if he doesn´t have pink skin and blue eyes he´s not champagne.
Oh, well seems as though I deleted the picture from my computer
default_wacko.png
. Anyways he doesn't have the pink skin, so I guess he isn't. Oh well, he's still a little darling just as well!:)

Beautiful Champagnes everyone!

Wow neat very pretty color champagne

I would love to see more of them

Latest posts

Back