Challenges at the horse show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSharpRanch

Reaction score
We went to our first horse show in a few years. My love is driving my pair in driven obstacle as I really love the challenge.

It took me a few years of showing before I had the respect of the officials. Well, taking those couple years off dropped it back down again. They were very certain that I wouldn't be able to compete as doing the U-turn in the box would be impossible with the team (also known as a pair). Even with my reassurances that I had done the class before and none of it would be an issue, they still kept trying to convince me that it couldn't be done.

But, the boys of Team Awesome Appies and I wouldn't back down (the rulebook gives us the right to show in the class against the singles) and we went in and smoked the class! They officials couldn't take their eyes off of us the whole time!

Did I mention that I was quietly singing along to the song that was playing! 😆. I had so much fun driving this difficult course with my pair!

Here's the video. (Yes, we were supposed to knock the rail down. 😊

We went to our first horse show in a few years. My love is driving my pair in driven obstacle as I really love the challenge.

It took me a few years of showing before I had the respect of the officials. Well, taking those couple years off dropped it back down again. They were very certain that I wouldn't be able to compete as doing the U-turn in the box would be impossible with the team (also known as a pair). Even with my reassurances that I had done the class before and none of it would be an issue, they still kept trying to convince me that it couldn't be done.

But, the boys of Team Awesome Appies and I wouldn't back down (the rulebook gives us the right to show in the class against the singles) and we went in and smoked the class! They officials couldn't take their eyes off of us the whole time!

Did I mention that I was quietly singing along to the song that was playing! 😆. I had so much fun driving this difficult course with my pair!

Here's the video. (Yes, we were supposed to knock the rail down. 😊

That was such fun to watch! Thank you for sharing. Your time and patience shows. Great performance. :)

FANTASTIC! I'm still learning all of the different classes with minis (going to a Texas AMHR show this weekend to scope out the scene).... I mainly show the big horses and trail courses have long been one of the more exciting classes to ride. Having a comparable miniature version is awesome! (plus it was so well executed, plus it was a team, PLUS they're spotted -- I think you just made my heart explode 😍)

Th
FANTASTIC! I'm still learning all of the different classes with minis (going to a Texas AMHR show this weekend to scope out the scene).... I mainly show the big horses and trail courses have long been one of the more exciting classes to ride. Having a comparable miniature version is awesome! (plus it was so well executed, plus it was a team, PLUS they're spotted -- I think you just made my heart explode 😍)
Thank you! I wished that AMHR allowed pairs in the obstacle driving as I would show AMHR because they offer more multiple hitch type classes than AMHA.

It is definitely my favorite class as I love a good challenge!

Latest posts

Back