Chablis and Rosie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_saludando.gif
OH he is lovely.
default_wub.png
:wub

My darn computer crashed
closedeyes.gif
I dashed to the shop and bought a new router and after the set up I am finally back and running.

I missed it
closedeyes.gif
I have been glued to the screen for days, stupid computer
deadhorse2.gif

CONGRATULATIONS

He is adorable, I love him
cheeky-smiley-006.gif

He's absolutely stunning..
default_wub.png
I love his colour very unusual..I did expect some black in there too
default_wub.png

They recorded it on marestare, so once I get the link I will share it!

I'll leave the cam on Rosie and her boy today while I'm at work so I can check in on him and make sure things are ok. When I get home, I'll switch it back to both stalls. Chablis and her boy are still in. I keep my foals in the barn for about a week. That way I know they're strong and they'll follow momma (we had one last year that always got "lost"). Plus, I like to be home during the first turn out because they have a tendency to run into things.

Guess what? I get to SLEEP tonight!
default_aktion033.gif

Yes, when I get home I'll turn on the switcher so we can watch both boys. I just want to make sure he's ok while I'm at work. The first 24 hours are always the most important. So far he seems to be just fine!
default_aktion033.gif

We'll be getting a norther in this evening. Winds are supposed to close to 30mph and the temps are going to drop into the 20s over night (thank god she foaled last night! temps in the 30s). I'm going to try to put up some tarps to block the wind. The mares might not like it though.

Congratulations on another very handsome boy!! I watched for along time last night and had a feeling I would wake up to a foal with Rosie. Waiting for them to post the foaling on MS.

Can't wait to see what his color turns out to be.

I'm thinking he's going to be a black sabino. Can't wait to pull that blanket off tonight to see him all fluffed out.
default_wub.png

Oh my - he is gorgeous!! (I of course missed it, not on the computer quite so much the past couple of days)

I love his colour - bet that was a bit of a suprise Carin! I cant wait to see him tomorrow, all fluffed out.
default_yes.gif

Well done Rosie and congratulations Carin.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Interesting piece of info....apparently, it may be possible that the colt is actually a buckskin!
default_new_shocked.gif
Happy's sire is a smokey black and has produced buckskins according to one source! What a neat surprise!

IF this baby is buckskin, then either Happy has to be a smokey black -- not a true black -- and must carry the cream gene, OR Rosie is carrying it and is not a true chestnut. One must carry it in order to throw it to this colt!

Fantastic! I just LOVE the dilutes!!!
Happy is apparently a smokey black. Still a true black as he's homozygous for black. He will always produce black based foals. His sire, Wilk Wind Walker, has buckskin get on the ground. Rosie is a bay. The colt apparently inherited the cream gene and ONLY the sabino gene! Talk about the lotto!

Neighbor took some pictures and as soon as I upload I'll share them.

OMG fire the plane up Diane, I need to go and steal a few foals
new_rofl.gif

We need names now Carin or this could get confusing
laugh.gif
How about Bailey for the new guy due to his rich creamy colour.

default_wub.png
:wub they are both two handsome young prince's for sure
default_wub.png
:wub just love the colours

Back