CENTRAL FLORIDA...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHSF Inc.

Reaction score
Hey Central Florida,

Yayyyy, it's that time of year again for the 12th Annual OCOEE FOUNDER'S DAY FESTIVAL & PARADE, and just TWO WEEKS AWAY!

So much to do, so little time. That’s right! So much to do, that it’s GROWN to now be held as a 3 Day Event…and you won’t want to miss any of it!

This “would†be our 5th Year participating through the IHSF, Inc. Unfortunately, and with great regret, this year… â€Mr. Zipper Neck (hubby), and the now “Mrs. Numbskullâ€, (me), will be “sitting this one outâ€, due to recent circumstance.

But, FEAR NOT…CHRISTMAS TIME’s A COMING!!!! So keep a lookout for THOSE details in the coming weeks, OKEEDOKE?

In the mean time, you are all still quite welcome to participate in the festivities of this year’s festival with YOUR Families! Just contact Parade Officials through this link…and we hope you have a grand ‘ol family fun filled time! http://www.ocoeefoundersfestival.org

HURRY it’s not too late to sign your club/farm group for the BIG PARADE!

Or, if you are destined to be an “onlooking sidelinerâ€, here are some fun festival highlights for you to consider.

On Saturday, October 15th, Start the day with a family fun PARADE beginning at 9:00 AM, in Ocoee, Florida. (Just "WEST" of Orlando.)

For those of you that are PARTY HARDY kind of folks....the day has JUST BEGUN!!!!!!

After the parade, you can browse around town, and visit Ocoee's Historical "Maguire House Museum", among many other historical sites of Downtown Ocoee.

Leisurely peruse the festival's many Arts and Craft booths and various food vendors, as the kids enjoy many games and carnival rides and romp with the clowns and enjoy having their faces painted.

There will be a HUGE group of Classic Car enthusiasts on display, and Dad can enjoy a little fun competition with his son in the Annual Fishing Tournament on the heart of Downtown, Ocoee's Starke Lake, which offers some of the state's finest Bass Fishing.

All this while being entertained to tunes of the many live bands that are scheduled throughout the day:

FREE PERFORMANCES - On the Lake Front of “Starke Lake Park“:

10am - 4:30pm: Main Stage Local Entertainment.

4:30pm: Jason Aldean.

6:00pm: Craig Morgan.

AND

7:30pm: Ocoee’s VERY OWN “Mark Millerâ€, a/k/a SAWYER BROWN!

THEN, the grand finale...

9:00pm: The Spectacular Fireworks Show over Starke Lake!

This ENTIRE DAY's entertainment performances are all FREE...so c'mon out and enjoy the FAMILY FUN DAY of "Ocoee Founder's Day Festival!

For more details of the day, please visit the event's official website at: http://www.ocoeefoundersfestival.org

MAN! It’s been well over 25 years since I’ve seen Mr. Mark Miller performing here in our old hometown! I never knew him personally, (but his mom and dad were both teachers at my school) but I do remember when he used to pull up an old 18 Wheeler-flatbed trailer onto the old High School football field (now the Middle School), and sing for donations to the school. Those were the days… WOW, I’m getting old!

Well, don’t know if we’ll be able to make it this year, as our son is graduating USMC Boot Camp that same weekend. But if we can make it, we sure hope to see ya there!

Hugs & Prayers,

http://www.howsmallfoundation.org

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back