Central AMHA Regional - Tulsa

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather

Reaction score
Cold front is headed down from South Dakota BUT not expected to reach Tulsa.

Averaging around 100 degrees daily now & it is "sticky hot". Nightly news is showing 97 degress for the show time. BE PREPARED FOR HEAT HOT HEAT!!!

The main show area is WELL AIR-Conditioned BUT the barns are not!!!

20 to 30% rain possible == steamy days if it happens...

But don't worry because there is NO global warming or climate change, due to the ozone layer disintegrating due to pollution, so there's no need to worry those rich industrialists or make them control their polluting!!!!

aktion033.gif

rabbitsfizz said:
But don't worry because there is NO global warming or climate change, due to the ozone layer disintegrating due to pollution, so there's no need to worry those rich industrialists or make them control their polluting!!!!
440399[/snapback]

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

oh wow I agree!!!!

Bonnie

Last edited by a moderator:
rabbitsfizz said:
440399[/snapback]

Sorry Jane, but on this one I've got to disagree with you. I'm 50 and have lived in Oklahoma for the last 33 years and this year is no hotter than normal. A little drier than most (that goes in cycles), but no hotter. Many years we will have temps over 100 for weeks and sometimes up into the 100+teeens. Actually, this year has been a little cooler than most. We always have heat warnings in the summer. Just that people from some other areas don't hear about it.

Look at the WHOLE country, Freeland, not just your state. Then....look at the whole WORLD!! I have had long hot summers for the past five years- this IS Global Warming- we a re talking temperatures of high 90's in ENGLAND for Gosh sakes
rolleyes.gif
Also, look at the actual temp. records for your area- there is hot, and then there's HOT!!!! Memory can play tricks on you, I always remember long hot summers when I was a child, I lived by the sea and we spent all summer on the beach. BUT a child remembers LONG differently. I had only eight weeks off school- that was "all" summer. We had HUGE thunderstorms- I remember those
biggrin.gif
If I look at the weather charts for the period I in fact find that it rained most of the summer!!! I know that is not likely in Oklahoma, but, memory does catch us out!!

I don't rely on memory-- I let the weather forecasters, who keep detailed records from decades and decades back, do that for me.
wink.gif
Our temperatures have been "normal" here. Of course, those areas on the coasts may be more affected by global warming (since it seems most of everything starts over the oceans) and I don't know what the temps are like in other areas, whether they are warmer than usual. But everything also goes in cycles, some years warmer, some years cooler.

All I know is, even in SEPTEMBER, Tulsa can get pretty darn steamy!! All of you going to Regionals there-- drink lots of water and be careful!

I agree, there is a major change in temp. I am in Ontario, Canada and today is disgustingly hot and humid AGAIN! I now have 4 fans going in the barn and still.... I just looked and it's already 98 degrees and that doesn't take in the darn humidity which is oppresive today. This has been one of the hottest summers here on record, we broke records left, right and centre. I don't mind the heat it's the humidity I don't like and my horses don't particularly like it either. They basically refuse to go out in this and I don't blame them one bit. I am looking forward to Fall and Winter!!!!

Im trying to buy enough fans to bring with and do you think I can find any here in Pueblo???? Everyone is out!

Latest posts

Back