Cement miniature horse statues

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
I've acquired 2. One is missing their tail and the other an ear is there ANYWAY I can repair these at home?

OH....... CITY SLICKER, what did you use to patch yours?

Do you think I could replace the ear and tail by building up layers of patch?

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=36pt]Big Font Woman says to go to the hardware store and get concrete glue[/SIZE]

OK it's an epoxy (sp) glue. It is a two part thing where you have two kinds of special glue that comes together and then you mix them and put them on each piece needs glueing and stick it on there and wait an hour or two and WALLA!

I am assuming the parts are not broken but missing? I'm not sure how you can build the missing part and then paint, didn't someone on here do this last year or earlier?

Yep they are missing.

But these guys are really cute and I couldn't let the garbage man take them. They are 3' high and REALLY HEAVY!

I would suggest finding a stone mason to ask for advice. Alot of construction workers take jobs on the side and an experienced mason would be able to give you advice, or an estimate of a price to do it for you.

mix up some thick concrete & make the missing parts............ I just got through putting small rocks on the side of a concrete wall. I made a thick mix of two parts sand to 1 part concrete mix, or buy the kind where you just add water......When you squeeze the mix it should not crumble nor should it drip water....Would be similar to making shapes from clay.. You would need to make a slurry to attach the two pieces or buy an outdoor adhesive to attach.... Go online & you can find more info................. Your hardware store people should be able to help you as to concrete info etc.

oh I thought you had the pieces and broke them off...... :DOH!

Oh Wait...I remember! It was...City Slicker! Here is the post. Maybe he can help you as to how he fixed his!

Yard Ponies

I see you found it!
default_smile.png

You're going to need to have some rerod or something to stabilize it. I'd drill a hole where they are supposed to be, and insert a steel rod, and then build from there

Latest posts

Back