CDE in Colorado

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjacobucci

Reaction score
HI all,

I am part of an orgainizing committee for a CDE out in Colorado. The event will be on Sept 16 and 17 at Tomora Training Center in Greeley Colorado. The CDe is open to all types and sizes of horses. We will be offering both training and preliminary levels for minis, if we had enough interest we would even consider running intermediate level. we plan to have a full three part marathon for the minis. The marathon for all horses is right on the property so there is no worry about roads or traffic. If anyone has ever done a walk section on a marathon with their mini, what speeds did you use? - there is nothing listed in the ADS rule book as far as minis go.

If anyone is interested in coming, give me a call and I can send you a show flyer.

thanks for your time,

Carrie jacobucci

303-654-0092

Uw, cool! I'd love to come but I'm out of vacation time and a bit far away. Good for you for offering it! I hope your event is well-attended.

According to their website the Beavercreek CDE in Oregon is planning on offering Section D instead of Section A, which I find odd, but they said it would be 4kph just like the big guys. I haven't tried driving my mini with riding horses so I don't know if he could keep up easily or not. The issue of pace hasn't been well-explored yet with VSE's although Happ's is doing some research on redesigning cones courses, hazards, and dressage rings to be scaled properly for the minis.

The Mini Macro marathon they held last year was VSE only and included all three sections, maybe you could try contacting Maureen Harkom and see what speed they used?

Leia

Latest posts

Back