CDE for minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjacobucci

Reaction score
We are organizing a CDE for the Fall in Greeley,Colorado and I was hoping for some comments from those of you out there who show in CDEs. It will be open to all horses, but we plan to have a special division for minis. Teh dressage will be driven in a 20 x 40 meter arena. the Marathon will have all three parts. It will have section A, and a walk section and then section E with the hazards. Has anyone ever been to a CDE where they offered a three section marathon for minis? IF you have, how did it go? This is our first year to put on a full CDE, we're getting lots of help but more suggestions would be great, since most of the people helping me only drive big horses. We plan it run it just like an ADS sanctioned event, but we won't we sanctioned this year. If it goes well and we get enough interest, then we will sanction it next year.

Thanks for any thought,

Carrie

We held a mini marathon last Aug at Happ's in WA. to prove the minis could do all three parts of the marathon.

This is an overview of how we did it. None of us had any problems doing all three sections. I have statistics on all of this if you are interested please email me.

I believe that Happ's has the results on line also at http://www.happs-inc.com

I hope you can pull some minis in for yours! Have Fun!!

This will be a full 3-section marathon “just like the big boys doâ€. Section A will be about 4.5km, Section D will be a 1km walk, and Section E will be 4.5 to 5.5km including 5 hazards.
We are going to be collecting statistics to present to ADS. We will want info on the horses (age, sex, weight, weight they are pulling, training level, etc.) and will be preparing a spreadsheet of the facts. We will gather statistics on the horses during the event. We will be recording Pulse & Respiration (P&R) before starting, after Section D, after 10 minute rest, after Section E, after 10 minute rest and 30 minute rest. I would also ask you to let me know the condition of your horse the next day—tired, sore, or ready to go some more!

This is how to get ADS to listen to miniature owners. This is your chance to prove what your horses are capable of. This is your chance to come have fun!!! Drive along a grain crop, follow a trail cut through young fir trees, cover open ground, cross the creek a couple times, disappear into large trees, and emerge back out into the sunshine!

The minis can do it. We just did a 4.4km Section E with 4 hazards over some very hilly terrain and we did it in time. After walking from the finish line to the vet check (about 100 ft) my mini was already recovered and not a bit sweaty. The vet checked him, shook his head and said go on. BTW he was pulling 136% of his weight.

Latest posts

Back