CDE attire

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
I'm am trying to get my show clothes together. I understand you must show in a long skirt? If so, can you direct me to pictures of what this skirt should look like? Thank You!

I'm am trying to get my show clothes together. I understand you must show in a long skirt? If so, can you direct me to pictures of what this skirt should look like? Thank You!

Oops, don't know what happened with that reply!

You do not have to wear a long skirt, but a driving apron is required.

I do CDEs and the only thing that is required to wear is a driving apron, hat, gloves and a whip.

My driving apron is a modified wrap around skirt. it is fitted and has darts in the front so that it lies smoothly.

Carrie

We made a wrap around skirt that has cotton seamstress tape on the inside so that the bottom of the skirt could be pulled up until you get into the cart and then you let the tape loose and the bottom goes back down. It was made to go over jeans! I know I have it burgundy, black and a silver/cream. Email me if you are interested.

Just to be clear, your gloves must be BROWN and "hat" includes a helmet these days. Some venues still give you odd looks for using them but I don't believe they are allowed to mark you down for wearing one. Happ's actively encourages the use of helmets. I simply dug out my old black velvet helmet from my hunter days and used that for all three phases. In marathon you wear whatever you want and EVERYONE wears helmets, often with colorful covers to match your harness pads. People go crazy with the color-scheming thing on marathon day, it's really fun. :lol:

For dressage/cones I personally wore black slacks which were hidden by a length of hunter green fabric I pinned around my waist. It fell nicely and looked like a good driving apron although this year I plan to properly hem it and get a velcro strap around the top. You also need nice looking boots like a pair of lace-up Lariats on your feet.

Leia

Latest posts

Back