Caught my eye

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Us N Texas

Reaction score
While watching the webcast at Nationals one day, a beautiful horse caught my eye. I don't know who was handling the horse, or even what sex it was, but it sure was a good looking piece of horseflesh. I watched the lady who was showing, and she was really doing a great job, then the judges walked away, she let the horse relax for a second, and then I saw what the lady had been working, and succesfully so, to keep us, and the judge from seeing. The horse had an ever so slightly upside down neck. That young woman did one heck of a job showing the horse out of it. I only bring this up, because of an earlier post, but the judges were up close and personal to the horse, I was an observer on the other side of the camera. Even if I had been there in person, I couldn't have seen it unless I was right down there looking at that horse up close and personal like the judges. The job the lady did was fantastic, and whoever you are, GOOD JOB. That is called lots of practice, knowing your horse, and hard work! Also good job that the judges caught it, even with all her hard work. What I'm saying is we shouldn't be so quick to be so judgmental! We don't see all from the camera or the rail as the judges do!

I agree sometimes the judges are human and miss things...
default_wub.png

I agree sometimes the judges are human and miss things...
default_wub.png
I totally agree. As the County Extension leader told the 4-Hers at County Fair this year-the judges opinion is one persons opinion at that moment in time, at that show and tomorrow it'll probably be different. She stressed sportsmanship to the kids and told them that its not the color of the ribbon thats important, but knowing they did their best and worked as a team with their horse thats the greatest reward of all.

Maybe we could all take a lesson on sportsmanship from our youth exhibitors, they seem to have fun showing no matter what they win, and do it for the fun of it.

Just my opinion. Thanks

Latest posts

Back