cats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
We have five inside cats. Yes, I know, don't go there. I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but when you live out in the country and they show up on your porch and you start feeding them and then it gets cold, well.............. Anyway, Friday evening when we got home from work there was something all over the livingroom floor. My first thought was that something had falled from a shelf and the cats had torn it up. A quick scan of the shelf quickly discounted that theory. As I got closer I realized it was feathers! And I thought to myself that those naughty cats had gotten a stuffed bird from one of the wreaths and torn it up. Then I realized there were no stuffed birds in the house. The closer I got, the more I realized it was REAL feathers. So there was this pile of feathers on the floor and I'm scratching my head wondering where they came from when I spy a real bird head under the pile. EWWWWWWWWWWW. No blood, no body, not even a leg or two. And all the cats are absolutely smiling. I threw away the head and cleaned up all the feathers but one by one they would come and rub all over the spot where the feathers had been. We searched all over looking for how that bird got in. There are no broken windows, no open doors and the only two rooms with access to the attic had their doors closed to keep the cats from going in there in the first place. We have absolutely no idea how it got in here. But I gotta say, that must have been one dumb bird to break into a house with five cats!!!! I wish I could have seen what went on over here while we were gone. It must have been a sight to behold. And here I thought they were so fat and lazy that they had become way to tame to ever be yard cats again. WRONG!

We have five inside cats. Yes, I know, don't go there. I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but when you live out in the country and they show up on your porch and you start feeding them and then it gets cold, well..............
hey, I have 6 indoor only house cats myself. You won't catch any guff from me for having 5, unless you aren't getting them spayed and neutered, are letting them have tons of kittens, and aren't taking proper care of them. Then I might have something to say.
default_wink.png
:

Anyway, Friday evening when we got home from work there was something all over the livingroom floor. My first thought was that something had falled from a shelf and the cats had torn it up. A quick scan of the shelf quickly discounted that theory. As I got closer I realized it was feathers! And I thought to myself that those naughty cats had gotten a stuffed bird from one of the wreaths and torn it up. Then I realized there were no stuffed birds in the house. The closer I got, the more I realized it was REAL feathers. So there was this pile of feathers on the floor and I'm scratching my head wondering where they came from when I spy a real bird head under the pile. EWWWWWWWWWWW. No blood, no body, not even a leg or two. And all the cats are absolutely smiling. I threw away the head and cleaned up all the feathers but one by one they would come and rub all over the spot where the feathers had been. We searched all over looking for how that bird got in. There are no broken windows, no open doors and the only two rooms with access to the attic had their doors closed to keep the cats from going in there in the first place. We have absolutely no idea how it got in here. But I gotta say, that must have been one dumb bird to break into a house with five cats!!!! I wish I could have seen what went on over here while we were gone. It must have been a sight to behold. And here I thought they were so fat and lazy that they had become way to tame to ever be yard cats again. WRONG!
WHOA!!!! How in th world did that thing ever get inside??? We had a similar situation at our old house when we came home to find parts of a dead squirrel. No clue how it got inside the house but the cats sure put an end to it. Now we live in an even smaller place and last night my husband caught three of our cats watching a mouse walk around on our stove top. I've been telling him i thought we had mice and he didn;t believe me because he figured no way in heck could we have 6 house cats capable of killing a huge squirrel and then end up with mice in the house. I guess he was proven wrong in a most dramatic way. Guess who is going into town today to buy me some mouse traps? heh.

Now we live in an even smaller place and last night my husband caught three of our cats watching a mouse walk around on our stove top. I've been telling him i thought we had mice and he didn;t believe me because he figured no way in heck could we have 6 house cats capable of killing a huge squirrel and then end up with mice in the house. I guess he was proven wrong in a most dramatic way. Guess who is going into town today to buy me some mouse traps? heh.

I'm sorry but that is just wrong on so many levels... rotf (just kidding) It brings to mind an long ago story. We only had outdoor barn cats at the time and I had a mouse in my bedroom. My DOG cornered it, but that was it. So out I ran and yelled for one of the cats who came flying like he always did and jumped up on me.... I hustled him into the house and threw him in the bedroom and closed the door.

Listened... no sound.

Waited...no sound.

Peeked in.

I swear that cat was curled up in my bed and gave me a look that positively said 'get your own dang mouse, this is SWEET.'

He lived in the house with us for the remainder of his days, but I don't think I ever saw him catch a mouse. LOL

I swear that cat was curled up in my bed and gave me a look that positively said 'get your own dang mouse, this is SWEET.'

He lived in the house with us for the remainder of his days, but I don't think I ever saw him catch a mouse. LOL

AHAHAHA!! that is so funny!!!!

My husband is blaming the cats lack of mouse killing on the fact that we have a pet mouse in a cage (actually a de-commishioned fish tank) and they are used to it. *rolls eyes* Our cats will fling themselves against the mouses cage trying to get at him when he is running around in there. they have on several occasions pushed the cage right off of the bottom shelf it is on and out into the living room where they have tried to pry it open. the mouse handles all of this with a bemused attitude and enjoys taunting the cats by standing up on his hind legs and trying to touch noses with them through the glass. It makes the cats go wild. I just think they realised how fast those wild mice can move and decided that catching them was not worth the effort.

Oh I just love my kitties.

I have two indoor/outdoor cats, and 8 barn cats. They work together and kill lots of critters. Today's victim is a mole. Sometimes they get snakes~

Latest posts

Back