Cataract Implant Surgery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathy_H

Reaction score
Just had my eyes checked. I am near sighted ( -7.50 & -8.25) .............. Suggestion was to have the cataract implant surgery. Said would make my thick lense thinner. I would also be able to drive at night again. I had never heard of an implant being put in the eye before. Was told it is one of the most common surgeries going....... Anyone ever have this done? Any discomfort, negatives? I would love to have my lense thickness decreased but I do NOT even like to get shots!
no.gif

If you are talking about removing a cataract, and putting an implant in, yes my wife and I both have had that done. My wife, Fran, for the first time in her life does not need to wear glasses 24/7, she still needs them for close work. I had it done many years ago for an eye injury. Neither of us had any bad experiences'.
yes.gif

I have had both my eyes done. Each eye is a different focal point but both are about at the end of my arms. One focal point is for closer and the other farther. I can't focus on anything closer than the end of my arms. I buy cheap magnifying reading glasses for reading and that's it. I do need to have my eyes cleaned up with the laser as they are starting to be a little cloudy.

I had cataract surgery on both eyes about 6 month ago and am still adjusting to not having to wear glasses. That is a procedure where they remove your cloudy lense and replace it with a clear lense. The astigmatism in one eye does require some correction but for the most part simple reading glasses do the job. I have also had the follow up YAG laser on one eye and the other will need it in the near future as it is getting cloudy. I am glad I had it done.

I have never had it done but my mom did and it allowed her to continue to drive right up until her death at 81. The effects after the surgery were minimal and she was always very glad she had it done.

My son had cataract surgery done at the age of 3 years old. They took out his cateract but did not add a implant. He wears contacts and has glasses he also needs to wear for reading/close/small stuff. They will not put in a implant till he is atleast 21. My brother in-law also had the operation and wish he had it done alot sooner then he did. There was drops they had to use after the surgery.

Let us know how it goes if you make the decision to do it.

I'm due to have mine done one day - doc said about 10 years

ago I could have the left one done, anytime. I have cataracts

from taking high doses of cortisone, for 40 years, have had them

for years and years.

One eye doctor told me, however, to wait until I was not able to

renew my drivers license because of not being able to read the eye

chart, before having it done.

Sounded good to me, we'll see what happens this fall at license

renewal time. I'm great at delaying things like this......

Latest posts

Back