Cat people?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littleum

Reaction score
I'd be very grateful for some insight or reassurance. ;) Cat is 12 years old, very healthy and active. Not a first time cat owner by any means but I'm paticularly attached to this kitty. Should add that Tally stresses *very* easily.

2 weeks ago: took cat to vet for loud gut sounds. Simple constipation, no megacolon, no blockadge. Laxatone and she goes. ;) Got a clean bill of health from regular vet.

1 week ago: allergies apparently blew up and she got an ear infection. Standard infection, nothing interesting under the microscope. Non-regular vet assured me she was fine otherwise and it was minor.

Today: noticed she's kind of "squinty" and seems quiet. There is the teeniest amount of goo in both eyes (I'm not even 100% sure it's of consquence), although the eyes are clear and nothing beyond she's a bit squinty, and like I said, she seems kind of quiet. Ear is definatly on the mend, poop situation is fine with laxatone.

Should add that kitty takes being medicated *personally* and is *extremly* attached to my husband and I. Medicating her is pathetic. She really acts like I'm visiting some horror on her and don't love her anymore and her little kitty heart is just broken, broken, broken. She wouldn't purr all day yesterday, but as soon as my husband walked in... purr motor /on.

She's eating, drinking, litter box, batheing herself and will play with a toy if offered. In fact, she was quiet delighted to play "pounce" with me and clearly enjoys being pet again. In other words: aside from a little squinty eye and being slightly quieter then usual, NOTHING to indicate sick kitty.

I'm trying my best to "wait and see" on the eye and tell myself the poor thing has been rather stressed for about 12 days, and I'm being hypersensative. Could use some words of assurance- or if there's something you think she needs to see a vet for, wisdom.

I guess it's a good thing I don't want human kids. I could just imagine "OMG THE BABY SNIFFLED! TO THE ER!"

Maybe sensitive to light in her ageing years.

Has something in it? or just trying to wink at you
default_wink.png
:

Sorry not much help.

[SIZE=12pt]Have you checked her temp? Could be starting to come down with some kind of upper respiratory. Sometimes they don't show much of an outward symptom. Maybe has some kind of eye irritation. Could have an eye ulcer.[/SIZE]

Good luck.

Barbie

Have you changed her kitty litter brand? My cat got really runny eyes once, just after I tried a new litter. As soon as I gave her back the old brand, she was fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Have you checked her temp? Could be starting to come down with some kind of upper respiratory. Sometimes they don't show much of an outward symptom. Maybe has some kind of eye irritation. Could have an eye ulcer.[/SIZE]

Good luck.

Barbie
No temp, but I'm keeping an eye on her- she doesn't act depressed, just kind of... quiet, if that makes sense? I'm inclined to wonder eye irritation- she's been spending an inoridinate amount of time under the bed. Gets her medicine, hides under the bed literally for hours. And God knows that place is a dust bowl, LOL.

I'm half tempted to enlist Bonnie to see if I have truly hurt her little kitty feelings and wounded her little kitty heart with all the "tough love" lately. ;) (Poor kitty)

Could be diet... allergies to food and other things can happen over time.

Could be the litter... some has pretty nasty stuff in it so I only use natural brands and recommend PaPurr.

Those are my thoughts. I hope you find the cause soon... let us know!

I was thinking the beginnings of upper respiratory infection also. Watch for sneezing or coughing.

Robin

We took in a stray cat a few years back.. He had the nasty eye problem, runny nose and it seemed to me a hard time seeing-- eyes sensitive.. here he had a sinus infection from a bad tooth. Once the tooth was pulled he was fine.. After I sunk money into geting him feeling better one day, gone.. He left just as quickly as he came and 300.00 later for a vet bill was the thanks we got..
default_rolleyes.gif
: But I was glad to help the guy out... Can't stand to see anyone sick..Have his teeth checked..Just to be sure..

Latest posts

Back