Cat like to chase Turkeys!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy

Reaction score
I have a very brave Bengal that likes to chase the wild turkeys that come to visit everyday now. The Toms do sometimes chase him too. There are usually about 6 Hens and 2 Toms that like to show off to the girls since it is breeding season for them. Pretty soon we will have cute little baby turkeys!

MorganTurkeys2.jpg

MorganTurkeys.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one brave little cat!
default_new_shocked.gif
Pretty turkeys!!!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics
default_yes.gif

default_aktion033.gif
WOW! COOL pictures! Those are just very neat photos and you have a GORGEOUS cat!

I'm suprised those turkey's are so tame for being wild! We have 20-30 head of wild turkey's and the closest they will get to this acreage is maybe 50 ft or 100 ft.... and as soon as they see any movement or sound they take off and can really run. I've been wanting to get a photo of them but they never get close enough or stand still long enough! lol!

Those pictures are great!!!!!
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

We have a few flocks around here now too...Moxie enjoys treeing them!!!! :DOH! The first one I ever got near was back in our bush about 5 years ago. We were gathering sap, and my mutt turned up a big Tom out of some brush.....scared the you-know-what outta me....all I heard was something very loud coming at me out of the bush.....
default_wacko.png
they are freakin' big!!!!!!!

A friend of my Dad's has a few that will come up on his deck and eat out of the bird feeder!!! Even sent us pictures of it!! Their back yard isn't very big and backs onto farm fields. It was quite the picture!!!

~kathryn

Those pics are neat and the colors are beautiful!!! That's one brave little soul you have there to take on TWO of those winged dinosaurs!!!

Great pictures! So jealous of your flowers and grass.

Still have snow and frozen ground here.

Where I work(vet) we have a bangel cat that chases the

wild turkeys from window to window. They come to the bird feeder

at least twice a day. Hoping they bring their chicks, but buy then

there will probably be enough wild food and they will stop coming.

default_aktion033.gif
What a beautiful cat and great pics, your cat is really brave to be close to 2 toms like that. Our wild turkeys visit everyday too but they are a bunch of females and they come right up to the garage. They eat the duck's grain
default_yes.gif

Yvonne

Cathy! Turkey season just started here this weekend! Glad your cat is not here!

Great photos. Nice kitty cat.

Cathy! Turkey season just started here this weekend! Glad your cat is not here!

Great photos. Nice kitty cat.
Turkey season started here yesterday too! It only bothers me because the silly dogs have to bark when they hear the gun shots. We don't have close neighbors that shoot and the cats stay close to home. Thank goodness.

Great pictures. I'm sitting here trying to figure out if the Toms are saying Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Or if the cat is saying Here turkey, turkey, turkey.

Latest posts

Back