Cashel fly masks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby P

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I need sizing help! Will the small pony/weanling size fit a B mini? He's 37" at the withers and does not have a tiny head for his size. He also has a white nose so I was considering the long nose option for sun protection - not sure though if it'll end up being ridiculous! He'll probably be wearing it 24/7 over the summer, lots of black flies and mosquitoes where he lives so his ears will need the protection overnight as well as during the day.

Suggestions of other brands that would be good are welcome too!

Hey Abby , I use Equivisor for my minis. They have a foam piece in the top part of the mask that seems to help fit.

I struggled for ages to find a decent one that was suitable for minis, but this one im happy with and the minis seem to love them :)

You could try Masks for Minis on Facebook? I know they have eared ones and longer nosed ones but I don't know about both on the same fly mask....

Masks for Minis is where I hope to get two for our girls this summer. :)

I got a Cashel with ears and a long nose (I can cut off the nose if it's too long, but he has a huge white snip and I figured it would prevent sunburn). I haven't tried it on him yet though - I just used Cashels for years before and found it to be the best at staying off the horse's eyes, and with comfortable ears. I did find a mini size at minitack.com.

Those Equine Sun Visors are really nice looking. Thanks Marsha I may try them out!

Do you get the B size mini for Dapper Dan?

Those Equine Sun Visors are really nice looking. Thanks Marsha I may try them out!

Do you get the B size mini for Dapper Dan?
A size. I just ordered one for Midnight. They take about 3 weeks, as they are made to order. I prefer the one with just one hole. Single velcro works fine. I ordered the one with two holes and the forelock doesn't come out of it, so a single hole is better for my bushy horses. If you call them they are nice to work with.

Latest posts

Back