cart transporting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lildrummer

Reaction score
Know this has probably been discussed many times, but do not see! Have a metal easy entry cart, I wish to attach to a back single door one horse trailer. It will hold two or more minis but one non mini horse. Pics will be greatly apprciated. Have someone who can make and install our own creation. Looking for ideas and experience with one.

Much Thanks,

Lildrummer

I have no idea about this company. A friend of mine gave me the link, but I think they offer what you are looking for. http://www.dyerbuggyworks.com/

My only concern would be in case of emergency. Would you be able to get to the horses quickly?

There is somone that makes and sells them here in Fl...I will double check when I get home today but Im thinking its from Hurricane Farms but not 100% sure. Funny but someone had one w/a mini cart on the back the other day when i was out....I wanted to follow them and see if they lived around me LOL...no Im not really a stalker..just nosey!!

I bought a commercially made one and then never used it. We put our carts either in the trailer manger area (some stand up in there), in the truck, or in the horse area, well tied down and separated from horse(s) by a metal divider.

We have the Dyer buggy works one, though haven't used it much yet. It attaches the cart to a single back door trailer so you can swing the door open with cart attached and unload the horse(s). I'm not sure if you can do that with double back door trailers. There is no danger in an emergency of not being able to get to the horses, at least with a single back door type trailer.

ETA- this could be a problem if you intalled eye bolts and cargo straps to hold the shafts on the trailer itself - but then it would just be one strap to undo to release them. Otherwise the whole cart is just on the door.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been thinking about making something that will attach a cart to the top of the wheel well of the trailer or maybe on the front. That way if I had a camper on my truck, I would still have room for the carts. I have a 2 horse trailer that holds 4 minis.

Latest posts

Back