Carrot cake

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily's mom

Reaction score
default_birthday.gif
default_birthday.gif
default_birthday.gif
I am looking for "THE BEST" carrot cake recipe I can find and could use some help.

Hubby likes my carrot cake but I find it plain, his birthday is on the 30th, anyone have the recipe that I'm looking for???
default_saludando.gif

Go on google and type in Carrot cake.You will find lots of recipes.Many have pineapple and walnuts with cream cheese frosting.I use Google all the time for recipes.

OH Sterling has the world's BEST recipe, ask her! OMG to die for!

OMG I love carrot cake! Sterling give it up!
default_saludando.gif

Here ya go ladies!
default_laugh.png
This is one Mom makes for us all the time. Word of warning......it'll keep you sneaking in the kitchen just to sneak some bites!

Well for some reason it would not let me upload this recipe, says the bites are bigger than the upload allowance. So I tried putting it on Photobucket. Hope it turns out so you all can read it. I'll give it a try.

Carrotcake.jpg

Groan...and I have a pound of carrots in the fridge..sigh...you know I have to make it again and trust me those night time potty breaks...you cannot just walk by it...trust me! I used a 1/4 brick of cream cheese softened in a butter cream frosting....Ah Sterling, bless ya!

Looks good, I will have to try it! thanks!

I love pineapple in a carrot cake.

This is a yummy one from Allrecipes.com

Carrot Pineapple Cake

"The carrots and pineapple work together to keep this cake moist and wholesome."

Carrot Pineapple Cake I Recipe

RECIPE RATING:

This recipe has been rated 140 times with an average star rating of 4.7

Read Reviews (115)

Review/Rate This Recipe

PREP TIME 30 Min

COOK TIME 45 Min

READY IN 1 Hr 15 Min

Original recipe yield 1 - 9x13 inch pan

SERVINGS

(Help)

Servings

US

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

* 2 cups all-purpose flour

* 2 teaspoons baking soda

* 1 teaspoon baking powder

* 1 teaspoon salt

* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

* 1 3/4 cups white sugar

* 1 cup vegetable oil

* 3 eggs

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 2 cups shredded carrots

* 1 cup flaked coconut

* 1 cup chopped walnuts

* 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained

* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

* 1/4 cup butter, softened

* 2 cups confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.

2. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the center and add sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix with wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in carrots, coconut, walnuts and pineapple.

3. Pour into 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Don't panic, the center will sink a little. Allow to cool.

4. To make the frosting: Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the confectioners sugar and beat until creamy.

I have never understood the concept of carrot cake
default_laugh.png
never want to ruin my cake experience with a vegatable LOL

I'm so glad you started this thread.
default_biggrin.png
My mom loves carrot cake,

so I'm going to try Sterling's recipe for Thanksgiving Day. Thanks ladies.
default_saludando.gif

I did it..I made it...it has a life of it's own. I came down for a 2:22 potty and it screamed to me, "just a little slice!!!!" Yummmmmmmm

Latest posts

Back