Carriage Driving Classes?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Pam

Reaction score
I'm going to Congress for the first time, and will be doing the Classic Carriage Driving Class. There are a bunch of really cool Carriage classes in the rulebook that I have never seen offered at a breed show--does anyone ever offer them? I was really hoping they would be at a National level show, but there isn't even Obstacle Driving. There is Reinsmanship, Precision Driving, Obstacle Driving, and I want to do them all!!

Pam,

at the Tunica Show that we went to a couple of weeks ago, there were heavy harness and carriadge classes offered. I know Ernie (Oklahoma Club)showed in a couple of them that I saw. See you at Area 5!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally you need to ask the club to add them in, that is the way it is with most classes.

All of the Area VI Club shows offer them and we usually have several entries. I believe the ASPC show at the Nebraska State Fair offers them also.

Dr. Pam,

I've been wondering about that over on the mini side.

CDEs for minis becomes ever more popular, I'd hope this would begin to happen out of self-defense if nothing else.

ohio%20cde%20fox%20&%20ice.JPG

We offered several carriage driving classes at the Area II National Show in Ashland Ohio this last week end. I won the pair driving class with my pair of Classic Shetland Ponies/Miniature Horses Michigan's Fox Fire and Fox Lane's Fire & Ice. Ernie Lambdin also had a very nice black and white pair of ponies there. We also offered a non rated Carriage Dog Class and let the audience place the class. It was a hoot.

Hi Dr. Pam,

For the 2010 Congress here are the classes that you might be interested in:

Tuesday Evening:

Class # 135 Classic Carriage Driving. You will probably see as many as five in this class.

Class # 235 Classic Single Draft Harness

Class # 362 Classic Single Draft Harness Stake

Class # 338 Classic Single Draft Harness Lady to Drive.

This will be the last year in the Carriage division where we will compete with a carriage driven with two or more horses. Next year we will have a single Classic Carriage class and a multi Classic Carriage class for two or more horses.

The ASPC/AMHR Club of N. Texas offers the Classic Carriage class in all of their show premiums and the Draft classes too.

Karen

Latest posts

Back