Carbonite backup...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyndiD

Reaction score
I am considering using this company to back up all my photos..files..ect...but wanted to know if anyone else might have used them or has info on them.

Just hate to sign up and then discover I made a big boo-boo...
default_new_shocked.gif

Thanks in advance,

Cyndi

I have been using them for over a year and am pretty happy with them. It is set up to back up as soon as you save a new file.

One caveat, the initial back up takes a few days, just start it and leave the computer online and running (of course I have thousands of pictures so yours might be faster). A restore takes the same amount of time. Personally, I think it is great.

Thanks Jody...that is what I was hoping to hear...
default_biggrin.png
....I have a TON of pictures as well. Been scanning old family photos to have reprinted for the other family members and didn`t want to lose anything...

I think I am going to sign up...
default_wink.png

Yikes.

No thanks. I'd rather NOT have that thing running in the background.

You're basically giving them carte blanche to rumage around in your drives. Sign me up for my tin foil hat!!!!

Why not just go the simple route and buy an external USB drive?

I am considering using this company to back up all my photos..files..ect...but wanted to know if anyone else might have used them or has info on them.
Just hate to sign up and then discover I made a big boo-boo...
default_new_shocked.gif

Thanks in advance,

Cyndi
I've used the service for over a year. The initial backup took over a week but it's still worth it. My horse insurance company also uses the service.

hope it helps.

i've used it for several years and love it, highly reccomend to everyone.

I used an internal drive / terabyte size/ for my business and when it all went down so did the loop to the back up. it was all gone and was guaranteed it would never go down, so after that, I only use carbonite. lose your entire business one time and you will rethink things very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back