Can't move Firefly to her new home tomorrow--they're evacuating!--UPDATE SHE'S HOME NOW! PICS ADDED

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrana

Reaction score
Holy frijole! We were going to deliver Firefly to her new home with a therapy program in Anaheim Hills tomorrow, but I just got a call from the program director. The fires are too close, too unpredictable, and too out of control--they're evacuating the horses. Hopefully Firefly will go this week, or next weekend at the latest...assuming all is okay at the new barn!

I watched the fire jump the 91 freeway from Yorba Linda to Anaheim on TV, and was immediately worried about the new home. I didn't want to call and risk interrupting a frantic, worrisome time; I'm glad they called me. Yikes, again.

The coboarder is totally fine with helping care for Firefly for another week and completely understands--her mom works in Anaheim.

Sheesh, and yikes again! I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope all goes well and that the fires get put out asap.

Having been evacuated twice (last year & Oct 2003) it stinks but at least we had oour home to return to

Glad that your girl wasn't there already and having to be evacuated.

Firefly is finally in her GORGEOUS new home!

I have an album of 18 pics of her here: http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=...p;id=1216834020

She transported beautifully and easily. She was a bit hot and sweaty on arrival, but really in good shape considering it was her first trailer ride ever with me.

A few highlights:

n1216834020_30204376_6059.jpg

Goodbye, cutie.
default_sad.png

n1216834020_30204359_1647.jpg

Put her in her new stall--and she goes immediately for the food. :D

n1216834020_30204361_2127.jpg

Just like at home, she has an older Arabian mare as a neighbor:

n1216834020_30204360_1888.jpg

Our 2 1/2yro son says his goodbyes:

n1216834020_30204365_3121.jpg

*sniff* I'm sad, but really happy for her. It's a wonderful new home where she will be getting all the attention this red headed diva thinks she she have. ;) Thank you for all of your help and encouragement--I'm really glad this turned out to be as happy an ending as it is for her.

Laura,

I am so glad she is at her new home, and they survived the fires. Firefly looks great!

What a wonderful place for any horse big or small! I would love for my place to look like that one day!

Such a sweet face she has and I am sure she will have a wonderful home!

Yeah! Glad she's in her new home and she looks totally content.

Latest posts

Back