Candy Corn' foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty lady....and tell her we're happy to see all of her and can't wait to see what she's hiding!!

Candy corn had some mushy poo this afternoon, and is not sleeping in her usual spot tonight on cam......

Will try to post updated pics soon

Her udder is looking good, but she needs to do a bit more work on her tummy - perhaps a few good rolls will get that foal to drop into the presentation position?

Keep the pictures coming please.

udder is looking great, but like Anna I think she needs to drop more, looking at her from the camera she is still looking pretty wide she is standing quietly at the moment.

Thanks for the great pics
default_smile.png
It looks like she could do with some groceries, remember that pregnancy can really pull down some girls cos they give all to the foal so make sure she has enough hay to keep her going all night and I would up her grain a tad too
default_yes.gif

3.00 am and she is stood quietly

We did increase her grain again. This foal is pulling alot from her. I agree. She did a little rolling last night, hope she gets that little one in the right spot before shr starts pushing! Im ok with her taking her time. Havent wanted to go out at might, because my 3 yr son has strep and i didnt want daddy amd i to be gone if he came in our room in the middle of the night.

oh hope your little boy gets better soon, poor little thing!

hoping she takes her sweet time getting that baby cooking.
default_smile.png
how many days is she?

Thank you Cassie! he is doing a bit better today. The antibiotics seem to be kicking in at least. i am just praying nobody else catches it ;)

candy corn has filled her udder more yet again. she is at 340 days. if she took the last day she was in with the stallion.

Hi Kara, sorry to hear about your little boy, my 5 year old had strep a few weeks ago
default_sad.png
he had to do 2 sets of antibiotics to get rid of it but on the good side no one else in the family caught it off him
default_thumbup.gif

3.40 am and Candy is hoovering her stall

Yes, that strep is nasty. My grand-daughter was fine at daycare in the morning and running 104+ temperature in the afternoon with a horrid case of it. Took 2 rounds of anitbiotics to get rid of it, and my son caught it too. No ones else, though, thank goodness.

Keep us posted!!

Kara, I hope your little boy is feeling better today! Strep can be very nasty and hard to get rid of for the young children. I am a retired Kindergarten teacher and every Spring. and I mean EVERY Spring the children in my class would share their strep with each other. Some would just get over it and then come down with it again.
default_sad.png
I would go through lots of Clorox wipes, Lysol and antibacterial hand wipes from about December-June!!! Hope he is on the mend and you do not come down with it!
default_pray.gif

Just noticed you're CC's owner from marewatchers! Well i have been keeping my eyes and ears open on her!

Thank you all! He seems better, but this is his second round of antibiotics. I hope he is ok, we have vacation in 3 weeks!

Yes Armour, hi! I love this site! Lol

I have her up Kara
default_smile.png
the camer has been acting up a little for me today but I refresh and it seems fine... how is her udder looking?

She is looking ready! Lol she has given us some false alarms. She is a tricky mare!

I started antibiotics lastnight, guess i got strep from my son. He just finished his 2nd "stronger" round of antibiotics, but was saying his ear and throat hurt again tonight! ugh! Prayers my little man wakes up refreshed and healthy in the morning. AMEN!

Oh Kara, this is not the right time to be ill - hope you recover quickly, your son too poor lad!

Keeping my fingers crossed that Candy Corn foals soon for you so you can get some rest and proper sleep. How's she looking today?

Latest posts

Back